Trouble with new Logic Remote plus new Logic version

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just installed the latest Logic Remote app on the iPad (iPad Air) and the current Logic update.
In the update description, they said "improved stability for Logic Remote".

But it doesn't work anymore the way it used to. I used to create a direct WLAN with the MacBook pro. Don't know the exact name of the menu item in english. My translation would make it "create network" to create a WLAN network on the Mac. It was perfect for me and had no relevant delays when playing the virtual keyboard in Logic remote.
But now it will not connect anymore.

It still does connect logging in both devices (Mac + iPad) to my home WLAN. But this is pretty awful, too much delay between pushing a virtual key and the actual sound playing.

Anyone else with these problems?
Or anyone willing to test this on his devices? (Only makes sense if you got the latest updates for Logic and Logic Remote, though.

thanks in advance for any hints.

tele
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

Anyone out there having the same problem? Or feeling like verifying it with his setup?
If there is someone NOT having the problem using the current app versions of LogicX and LogicRemote, then we could look at the differences and probably find a method to make it functioning again on my machine.

tele

telebunke wrote:
It still does connect logging in both devices (Mac + iPad) to my home WLAN. But this is pretty awful, too much delay between pushing a virtual key and the actual sound playing.
tele
After updating to to OSX Sierra the latency using the home WLAN has become quite stable.
Playing melodies with the touch screen keyboard works quite fine.
Using the computer-to-computer network (ad hoc network) still doesn't work though.

I am wondering why no one else said "I got the same problem".
Anyone using the "WLAN/create network" to connect his Logic Remote to his Mac/LogicPro?

A positive feedback like "it's working over here with the current Logic Pro" would also be interesting.
That way one could conclude that it is not a "general" bug.

tele

I thought it was supposed to be able to use a wired connection now (since El Cap) but it still seems to want me to have my wifi on. I am not getting too much latency though but would have thought wired would be even better.

I am having connectivity issues with the Logic Remote and 10.3. Worst it's been, ever.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

aMUSEd wrote:I thought it was supposed to be able to use a wired connection now (since El Cap) but it still seems to want me to have my wifi on. I am not getting too much latency though but would have thought wired would be even better.
I haven't read about this before.
Well, I can't make it connect with just a wired connection.

Bombadil wrote:I am having connectivity issues with the Logic Remote and 10.3. Worst it's been, ever.
I have done tests comparing connection latency with El Capitan installed and with Sierra.
The latency has improved much after switching to Sierra over here.
Which versions of LogicRemote, iOS and MacOS are you using?

telebunke wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I thought it was supposed to be able to use a wired connection now (since El Cap) but it still seems to want me to have my wifi on. I am not getting too much latency though but would have thought wired would be even better.
I haven't read about this before.
Well, I can't make it connect with just a wired connection.
I think it may be another app that can do this but I would have thought Apple could make their own controller link via cable if anyone. Bluetooth connection is supposed to work but not for me, only wifi.

aMUSEd wrote:Bluetooth connection is supposed to work but not for me, only wifi.
Same over here. No connection successfull using Bluetooth.

BTW: same issue with the latest version of Garage Band in my friend's setup (MacBookAir 2015, iPadAir2)

It's works through my router connected on the net. However if I create an adhoc network then connect the ipad to it. It's doesn't work for me, the ipad sees the macbook but when I log on to it, it just searches and searches.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

telebunke wrote:
Bombadil wrote:I am having connectivity issues with the Logic Remote and 10.3. Worst it's been, ever.
I have done tests comparing connection latency with El Capitan installed and with Sierra.
The latency has improved much after switching to Sierra over here.
Which versions of LogicRemote, iOS and MacOS are you using?
El Cap, iOS 9.x (my iPad won't go to iOSX), latest Logic Remote. I am not going near Sierra for the foreseeable future.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Another ~anecdote~ but it's been working fine for me with Wi-fi, El Cap and whatever the latest iOS is. Not using it particularly heavily -- just to see where the marker headings are while I'm recording hardware.

I'm only really using it with Alchemy but I wish they had kept the Alchemy app as that was much better.

My Sierra 10.12.3 Mac is tied via CAT5 to a wireless router. iPad2 runs LPX without issue.
No lags (quite surprised really) or problems finding the iPad. Just letting the OP know.
On a number of Macs

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”