Can't access MY STEINBERG site. Is it down?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just downloaded HALion 6 but it won't activate because it can't reach the site to update.

When I try to login to My Steinberg to check, I get an error. Even though i was just able to get on it to get my downloads. Is the site down? How do I find this out?

Are others able to get on?

Thanks
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I am unable to log in either atm.

Regards,
Ben H
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Yep, getting an error message too. Weird, never had that. Hope they didn't get hacked or something.

chk071 wrote:Yep, getting an error message too. Weird, never had that. Hope they didn't get hacked or something.
I doubt it. It's probably just server strain from the increased traffic of all the people buying, downloading and authorising Halion 6/Halion Sonic.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

OK.
Thanks for confirming, guys. At least it's not something I did.

Sucks though. I spent 24 hours downloading H6 (28 Gig) and now it's all installed and won't activate. Worse, my H5 license has been overwritten, so that won't work either. Sheesh.

-B
Berfab

Yeah, that would be a bummer.
I hope it gets resolved for you soon.

Finally able to authorize as of late 2/12.

Some may beg to differ, but I think the H6 update is well worth the upgrade fee. A couple of great new pianos, a couple of nice new instruments (skewed toward EDM--to my ears at least), a few new UI improvements, and sampling (though I haven't been able to check this part out).

You could very easily bump out entire tracks using just H6. Lots and lots of great stuff.

Cheers
-B
Berfab

That's such a horrible website for such a prolific developer... it's hard to understand
"I never did care for music much. It's the high fidelity!" — Flanders & Swann

What's hard for me to understand is they have no dedicated downloader application. CF: NI, VSL, and a number of sample library developers. I bought Cubase 9; wish now I'd bought the box and had it delivered. The 10.86GB download has failed 5 times now.
I'm downloading a lib. from Soniccouture, 5.64GB, there system is just very solid and isn't affected by browsing the net
/EDIT: not so much. However I'm betting it's unlikely to do*/
while the Steinberg download slows to a crawl as soon as I try to open my email. I've downloaded numerous hefty things from NI. All the VSL things will finish. Cubase 9 has gotten to 5 gigs and *403 error 3 times in a row. Some if not all of that is their server traffic I believe. Apple's server bites as well, mind.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

There is a download application, I used it for Halion 6

Can you hip me to where, please? I could not find anything. I really searched for a solution.

It's just what's in MySteinberg downloads folder for H6 - it doesn't give me the links to the whole dmg but just to a downloader app, which I installed then it downloaded the full dmg using that.

Thanks for the reply.

Apparently that's all Halion 6, there is no such thing for Cubase 9.

and right-click provides, you know, 'DownThemAll' and 'iGetter'...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”