Tracktion Waveform launched! (The successor to Tracktion 7)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

Here we go again, slagging off Tracktion/Waveform, slagging off its users.

Just as well I'm not a blunt Glaswegian, but I expect there'll be one along soon.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:Here we go again, slagging off Tracktion/Waveform, slagging off its users.

Just as well I'm not a blunt Glaswegian, but I expect there'll be one along soon.
Wait...You like this software?? You must be new to recording or something :dog:
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

jabe wrote:Here we go again, slagging off Tracktion/Waveform, slagging off its users.

Here we go again, overzealous fanboys reading things in to comments that are not there

This is most likely to be used mostly by OEM users, this is a FACT, it is shipping with thousands of Behringers hardware, no ?
So FACT 1 was correct.
These people using this free software that came with their hardware are most likely beginners.
FACT 2 was correct.
These people are beginners and totally unlikely to make videos about the gear they are using.
FACT 3 was correct.

Now stop being such a fool and trying to make out that i am attacking Tracktion users or Tracktion, just because i pointed out it has weaknesses that neither its current users or developers want to admit, absolutely ridiculous.
Duh

bungle wrote:Now stop being such a fool and trying to make out that i am attacking Tracktion users or Tracktion, just because i pointed out it has weaknesses that neither its current users or developers want to admit, absolutely ridiculous.
If you go on a forum and exaggerate like Donald Trump, while making out that the software is rubbish, people won't be nice back. If you point out weaknesses with derogatory language, people won't be nice back. If you take umbrage and threaten to leave when people react to your words, but then don't leave, except more criticism.

If you're nice to people ,they'll be nice back.

Consider it a life lesson.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:
bungle wrote:Now stop being such a fool and trying to make out that i am attacking Tracktion users or Tracktion, just because i pointed out it has weaknesses that neither its current users or developers want to admit, absolutely ridiculous.
If you go on a forum and exaggerate like Donald Trump, while making out that the software is rubbish, people won't be nice back. If you point out weaknesses with derogatory language, people won't be nice back. If you take umbrage and threaten to leave when people react to your words, but then don't leave, except more criticism.

If you're nice to people ,they'll be nice back.

Consider it a life lesson.
Just give up with him. This is the same guy that complain about free plugin with that same tone.
musisikamar.com

Seriously ?
I was literally told to f**k off on the Tracktion forum, anybody can go and read it, i never said the software was bad, i pointed out that not being able to edit audio while the song was playing was bad, and a few other FACTS. (You do realise that anybody can load the software and see they are facts, oh wait even the developer said they cant be done and has now even started throwing up ideas to how he should achieve them)

The fanboyism around this software is way way beyond the level ever seen before, users literally telling others to F**k off, and the mods doing nothing ! and you have the nerve to say its me bad mouthing and you have the nerve to say i exagerate and that i said the software was rubbish, ok, point to one post where i said it was rubbish, you have just accused somebody of exagerating by exagerating, how ridiculous !
You accuse me of derogatory language and anyone can go and check, i insulted nothing or nobody and just a reminder was actually told to F**k off oh and called a twat multiple times.

Yes it is everybody else not the fanboys !!

And dont lie and say i have bad mouthed free software, link to the post or stop with the lies.

Edit*
So after reading the nonsense here i went and checked the forum, today the tyrade includes that i am not intelligent enough, on drugs and have g-rated ears (there may be more, i skimmed the posts, wasting time on insults from people who have never met you, is not exactly fun forum reading)

To be fair my ears havent been rated since i was a kid, but even then i am insure what g-rated actually means ? Must be my lack of intelligence or my drug addled mind.
Duh

Internet trolling 101... 1) Frequent use of the word "fanboy".
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

jjpscott01 wrote:Internet trolling 101... 1) Frequent use of the word "fanboy".
Just because the word is used doesn't mean the point is invalid.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:
Its absolutely insane, they are still at it now, i have to keep posting asking where the mods are, if it comtinues somebody is going to have to contact Ben and have new moderators assogned or simply close the forum, Tracktion developers are just letting them carry on at will.
Duh

Never owned Tracktion but I've demoed it a couple of times.

How are you guys that use it a lot liking the new "conventional" mixer? I recall a few people arguing against it some years ago and I was not much of a fan of the horizontal mixing. Don't get me wrong though. I always did like how flexible Tracktion was as relates to staging things like plugins, I was just too set in my ways to be comfortable mixing large projects horizontally.

I'll demo Waveform when the dust settles a bit.

Also, did they develop the Javascript stuff any more? I found the general path to be pretty good when they first introduced it.

bungle wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:
Its absolutely insane, they are still at it now, i have to keep posting asking where the mods are, if it comtinues somebody is going to have to contact Ben and have new moderators assogned or simply close the forum, Tracktion developers are just letting them carry on at will.
You're not an innocent in these threads though I don't believe you are wrong here. You've done your time in belittling and being a pain in the neck like almost everyone else (and I mean the 99% category, INCLUDING me).

.oO

Now, as far as the product goes, I have some questions.

There was a thing at one point in time with a bunch of nonsense being added to the download. Have they fixed that?

And again, as mentioned before, it sure seems like it's T7 with a couple of additions. Is there anything under the hood that make the new moniker special?

I have tried the demo, my first little impressions
- the demo has a noise every like 30 seconds, very very annoying
- it took me long time to install it, it crashed many times during installation and during the demo
- I like the arrangement tools, very nice indeed(is it possibile to extends the chords duration?I drag the right corner to extend it but I couldn't make it longer then 1 bar)
- I like the single view concept even though it takes a while to navigate the menus as they are crowded

plus other small things but they have more to do with different habits coming from others daw.
I will play with it again as it's a nice and different(nice ideas) piece of software but I hope stability will improve.
For sure it needs a more steep learning curve

p

Pi-e wrote:I have tried the demo, my first little impressions
- it took me long time to install it
If you set up an account on their site you can activate it for an unlimited 30 day demo with no noise

aMUSEd wrote:
If you set up an account on their site you can activate it for an unlimited 30 day demo with no noise
that's what I did, I created an account but then in my area I could not find any product to download or activate.
And I actually spent some time to do it

Could you tell me what to do?

thankss

Pi-e wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
that's what I did, I created an account but then in my area I could not find any product to download or activate.
And I actually spent some time to do it

Could you tell me what to do?

thankss
You already have it installed, you just need to activate it by entering your account details into the activation dialogue (on startup screen or under help)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”