Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

By sidechain I don't mean ducking,

What are the differences in

"Sidechain to this track" "Sidechain to this track only"

"Route to this track" "Route to this track only"

Ive been using FL for a while now, kept ignoring it because it confused the crap out of me. Ive used route to this track only sometimes to add more FX to a track.. But now im wanting to setup manual sidechaining instead of manual volume automation. Not only that but I feel itd be very very beneficial to understand what the heck the difference is between all this and what I should use to set up sends etc...

Any help is appreciated!

Edit: Have to read more carefully :-)

They are basically the same... just different macros...
Routing: sends the signal at full level to the main input of another mixer track and at full volume to a second input of the same mixer track (which you i.e. can choose in FL Limiter as SC source)

Sidechain makes the same except it sets the send volume to zero, which means the send signal is only present on the second input of the mixertrack, which receives the send... if you turn the send knob to the right it is sending the signal to the main input of this mixer track in the same manner like "Route to this track" does...

The route "only" options killing previous routings to other tracks (like the master) and routing it to the selected track only (as the name implies)...

That´s it :-)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”