Ableton LIVE 10 ... Officially Announced. (plus: Buy LIVE 9 now with 20% discount, get LIVE 10 free)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

Session view is just an advanced arrangement view. I create the building blocks and their variations in there, the actual arrangement I use just to print the output and maybe do some fades. I don't really find the rigid linear arrangement concept all that inspiring tbh.

Of course I wouldn't mind any of the mentioned improvements, but that goes for any and all good improvements- otherwise they probably wouldn't be called improvements.

.jon wrote:Session view is just an advanced arrangement view. I create the building blocks and their variations in there, the actual arrangement I use just to print the output and maybe do some fades. I don't really find the rigid linear arrangement concept all that inspiring tbh.

Of course I wouldn't mind any of the mentioned improvements, but that goes for any and all good improvements- otherwise they probably wouldn't be called improvements.
If you read my comment, you see that I think the distinctive Ableton Live session/arrangement concept is a great innovation, I think its inspiring, too. If the "session view is just an advanced arrangement view" as you said, there we disagree. I see those more complementary approaches. Neglecting the developement of the aggrament view, Midi editing, Piano roll, notation, tempo automation (which has been always ridigilous in the Live), vst3 support, sidechaining etc. etc. many other minor and major things, is what I´m beware of. :evil:

Further evidence that supports the notion that Ableton LIVE 10 (announcement at least) is imminent .... Ableton reveal that, later this year, LIVE will be a 64bit only app:

http://cdm.link/2017/10/ableton-live-going-64-bit-mean/

Daags wrote:Further evidence that supports the notion that Ableton LIVE 10 (announcement at least) is imminent .... Ableton reveal that, later this year, LIVE will be a 64bit only app:

Yes, my thinking as well.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I can't think of any other DAW that does audio warping/speed adjustment as intuitively as Live.
I've used Cubase in the past and am currently using Logic as my main DAW but the flex feature can't hold a handle to Live, which is unfortunate because that is the only thing that I'm using Live for, otherwise I'd be completely in Logic. If anyone knows tricks for Logic, please do share.

I just got Push 2.
Live's even better now.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

spaceman wrote:I just got Push 2.
Live's even better now.
Be prepared. It is addicting. (This coming from an avid Cubase user.) I love my Push 2.

Guenon wrote:
antic604 wrote:based on youtube, facebook and forums majority of users are beat makers, rarely getting out of the session + push combo.
I would be very surprised if the majority of Live users are also Push owners.
Eh?

I've been out of live for a while. And though I have nothing against live, I find this a very strange comment.

Live: Really needed push. Push is outdated (because they are money grubbing ho's) so now there is push 2.

I'd think that logic would submit that MANY live owners have some sort of "push" though I don't know the percentage.

Wall street knows this stuff, the experts on KVR should know too :lol:

Push 1 keeps working, in fact for anyone starting I would recommend getting a Push 1 second hand, it is well made and will be working, it won't get any new features but Ableton has never dropped support for legacy HW.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:Push 1 keeps working, in fact for anyone starting I would recommend getting a Push 1 second hand, it is well made and will be working, it won't get any new features but Ableton has never dropped support for legacy HW.
You never know; with 9.5 new features, some were made available for Push 1 as well:
https://youtu.be/qPKV8zTj0AA
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

It would be so damn fantastic if they added a simpler and more elegant way to do multiple takes and pick out the parts you like. It's not just useful for dealing with vocals - but also for any kind of recordings you make - synths for example.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Daags wrote:Further evidence that supports the notion that Ableton LIVE 10 (announcement at least) is imminent .... Ableton reveal that, later this year, LIVE will be a 64bit only app:

Uh oh, incoming backlash about how Ableton has lost their touch and how 32 bit machines are here to stay for some odd reason. It's 2017 and I support their decision on developing exclusively for 64 bit.

If Ableton doesnt blow me away with 10 then Bitwig here I come. I have been messing around with the demo for a few weeks and its much more stable and faster than Live 9.5. Between the modulation possibilities, Hybrid tracks, tabbed projects, sandboxing, cleaner UI, and more display options what's not to love. I have noticed (although it could be in my head) that the sound quality is better with Bitwig as well. I'm really tempted to sell my Ableton license, and will do so if Ableton doesnt offer some really innovative stuff.

mekanism wrote:what's not to love.

Their licensing??

mekanism wrote:I have noticed (although it could be in my head) that the sound quality is better with Bitwig as well.
Your right, it is totally in your head. :D

jacqueslacouth wrote:
mekanism wrote:what's not to love.

Their licensing??

mekanism wrote:I have noticed (although it could be in my head) that the sound quality is better with Bitwig as well.
Your right, it is totally in your head. :D

:tu: :tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”