Happy with your DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Partially; at 9.0.3 I believe it was, Steiny totally broke the video integration for Cubase (in order to satisfy people that hate QuickTime they broke something by fixing what wasn't broken) So I have to stick with versions under that and if they do not fix this I'm actually done updating it.

jancivil wrote:Partially; at 9.0.3 I believe it was...
Was? Isn't that the current version?

I don't know, chances seem high that's true. ;)
(that was when that happened)
I reinstalled, I'm at 9.0.0.
Huge botch. Am I that out of step with modern times to except a major DAW to 'replace audio in video'?

EDM Rules OK :borg:

Logic X, love it. I tend not to bump into too many bugs, which is a good thing. Works great with my Fireface 802.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Pretty happy with Live. I'm happy there is such a thing as a DAW.

For the most part yes.

For the most part, yes. Reaper.

The only thing that really irks me about it is lack of true mono tracks. Maybe also complexity and too many options lately. I really don't need notation, for example. There are really great notation programs for that so I don't understand why a DAW needs notation. I work by ear anyway even though I know notes, but it's of absolutely no use for me. I'm not making crappy pop songs either.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Yes for the most part. I realized years ago I tend to bounce around, and no DAW does everything I want it to.
Curretly using DP9 and Live 9, both are sure for upgrades soon, so hopefully Live gets MPE and polyphonic aftertouch as I'm seriously considering getting a Roli Seaboard. If not it's not the end of the world to switch to Bitwig, but I would guess at the very least Live 10 plays catch up with the things that Bitwig does it currently cannot do, like note expression and MPE poly aftertouch etc.

Not very happy with Studio One anymore... It's ridiculously cpu intensive.

I'll probably stay with Ableton for the foreseeable future.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:Not very happy with Studio One anymore... It's ridiculously cpu intensive.

I'll probably stay with Ableton for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, It didn't used to be. One of the big things it touted as being a newer leaner environment.

I love acoustica mixcrafts latest pro version though I wish it had support for MPE natively.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Yes. This minute I am 99% happy with my DAW; when time signatures come to FL Studio in the next update I might be 100% happy. I use FL Studio to do classical orchestration and have just found ways to produce my own custom articulations. For instance my own unique staccato for strings. I even put my hand on my heart when I say this. Whatever DAW someone has, you should do the same to give your honest feelings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASeXesFm3MI

trampofnine wrote: when time signatures come to FL Studio in the next update I might be 100% happy.
It's already there in the latest beta.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Happy enough with Live 9. Not planning on upgrading to v10 at the moment.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Not anymore since Live 10 was announced :P. I want faster loading and Max 4 Live!
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Happy with Live 9. It's helping me finish tracks.
Murderous duck!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”