Predictions for 2018 DAW Market

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BertKoor wrote:
SparkySpark wrote:A quick question: what's the plugin limitation thingy?
This: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=468608
Ok thanks. That's still a lot of plugins so it might not be the end of the world.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

DAW release dates
My predictions guesses
Reaper 6 March 2018
S1 v4 . June 2018
FL Studio 20 September 2018
Cubase December 12-18.

Nice guesses!

Let's put it on Unibet! :D
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Kalamata Kid wrote:DAW release dates
My predictions guesses
Reaper 6 March 2018
S1 v4 . June 2018
Cubase December 12-18.
S1 v4 . June 2019*

THE INTRANCER wrote:Protools gets eaten by Gibson and hung out to dry a year later.

Roland releases their first daw onto the market.

Propellerhead drops further rack extensions development, and focuses on making it's first VST instrument.

Presonus releases Studio One 3.6 in May 2018 with a bunch of refinements.

Bigwig eventually adds Rewire for PC & Mac.

FL Studio 13 comes out and with a new keyboard Ipad app.

:D
Are you stoned?

Riansky wrote:
My predictions guesses
Reaper 6 March 2018
S1 v4 . June 2018
Cubase December 12-18.
S1 v4 . June 2019*
* ?

MOTU announce Digital Performer 10 in a couple weeks at Winter NAMM. Takes until around June to get out of beta testing. Everyone who bought the DP9 cross grade offer at 50% off acts like they've been ripped off. Older users are not impressed because their pet "missing feature" is not implemented in DP10, other users act like the new features are akin to winning the lottery. People who used a demo of DP once 3 years ago chime in to let people know they don't like DP in general, think it's outdated, and cannot believe it still doesn't do X thing the way their pet DAW does.

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Riansky wrote:
My predictions guesses
Reaper 6 March 2018
S1 v4 . June 2018
Cubase December 12-18.
S1 v4 . June 2019*
* ?
It means that he corrected the date. I'd also think that we won't see Studio One 4 before early to middle next year, to be honest. Development pace is rather slow, but, that's alright. :)

chk071 wrote:I'd also think that we won't see Studio One 4 before early to middle next year, to be honest. Development pace is rather slow, but, that's alright. :)
8 to 12 weeks isn't bad for maintenance updates between major revisions with Studio One, I prefer it to the headless chicken approach of development, so the likelihood of critical bugs are kept out and /or eliminated.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

chk071 wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:
Riansky wrote:
My predictions guesses
Reaper 6 March 2018
S1 v4 . June 2018
Cubase December 12-18.
S1 v4 . June 2019*
* ?
It means that he corrected the date. I'd also think that we won't see Studio One 4 before early to middle next year, to be honest. Development pace is rather slow, but, that's alright. :)

I will stay with my guess even if I get banished from KVR for being so wrong. :lol:
You should look at my predictions record. I predict you will not and I will finally have made a correct prediction! (please dont')

thecontrolcentre wrote:Magix are planning a new version of Acid for 2018 ...
Yes! Magix just recently sent both a screenshot and a survey to me via email.

It's a bubble it'll tank. Tulips.

I'm shorting Ableton.

ShawnMH wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Magix are planning a new version of Acid for 2018 ...
Yes! Magix just recently sent both a screenshot and a survey to me via email.
Feel free to share the screenshot

that's crazy that FL Studio is gonna go straight to version 20 just because they can. They should just make it version 15 if they're are being superstitious. Kinda stupid if you ask me. But I think we're probably going to see big things from Steinberg and Propellerheads this year. Cubase 10 or Cubase X is going to be really sweet. I hope they call it that, Cubase X, Lol

Deefex wrote:that's crazy that FL Studio is gonna go straight to version 20 just because they can. They should just make it version 15 if they're are being superstitious. Kinda stupid if you ask me.
20 = 20th anniversary.

Its attracting attention to the 20th anniversary edition, so...

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”