Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

THE INTRANCER wrote: Octamed Sound Studio
Myyyyyyyyyyy eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes! :hihi:

Russell Grand wrote:Myyyyyyyyyyy eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes! :hihi:
:D

Hahahhh I was rocking this back then:

Pro 24 (Atari), Real Time (Atari), Cubase (PC), Live (PC), now Logic (Mac). Actually, it's like going back to Creator on the Atari.

Russell Grand wrote: Myyyyyyyyyyy eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes! :hihi:
Five / six months back when I reconfigured my studio desk, I took down my Amiga 1200 from the loft where it lay in a box since the year 2000. It's all hooked up to my amplifier and 24 inch TV and working as it once was, so the opportunity to step back in time to 1996 again is pretty real, as is the opportunity to hook it up to my current hardware synths. As for Octamed Sound Studio's gui, that was customisable, not only from the program itself but using the Copper Chip which allowed you to have gradient banding customisation that provided a 3D look. It was an interesting effect to bring the program to life. I usually used a plain jade colour for program rather than gray though or fancy colour gradients. Even back then, the colour of the interface was something I was conscious of. One other sequencer I used was Bars & Pipes Professional, I think the developers were on some sort of drugs when they designed that. :lol:
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Waveform and flstudiojust started using waveformand loving it. One page does all not to much drop down windows drop and drag seems stable and I love fruity loops but haven't opened it for weeks. Its the work flow and it has a sound about it I like. No gimmicks just made for musicians

deep'n'dark wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Did what?
So you used it and were able to like your music and you actually play these songs to everyone and feel like Armin van Buuren. :lol:
i don't know this van Buuren guy, but i didn't really start making music i felt proud of, consistently, until i moved to Logic on a Mac. Previously, i was struggling with many versions of Sonar on a PC. Logic is far from perfect, but the tools finally got mostly out of my way (especially the OS).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

deep'n'dark wrote:
chk071 wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote: I took mdma once and lost all my shame and sense of self-respect.
I think you did it wrong. :P

Anyway, on the topic: I see a certain pattern here. Maybe you should consider making a switch from Reason. No offense meant, it's just that you seem to feel unhappy with it, or the devices in it, so, might help to try something else.
Yeah, I should give something else a TRY, then I'd experience a possible different experience. Any recommendation? I mainly make electronic and rap stuff. But I feel like my best days with Reason have always been, when some listening willpower is included to it. I propably will keep Reason as well though, but I feel like Reason has never fully impressed me 100%.
Try ableton.

Its the DAW i switched to after being a 100% Reason user.

Once I realized out how easy the sequencing and automation was with my VSTs I was sold.
:borg:

Funny, I demo-ed Ableton Live several times over an ~8 year period and didn't really like it. Then after I got Bitwig (which IMO went off-script with the huge browser that takes over your whole screen, lousy Mac performance, subscription model and abandonment of v. 2 full modularity promise) Live totally made sense. I also use Logic and Reason for certain tasks, but they feel clunky and piece-mealed together to me.

Things I particularly like about Live are:
- treating audio as first class citizen (so simple to record output of master/any combo of tracks in realtime - not talking about bounce/render)
- best contextual help of any program I've ever used
- only program on a Mac with window handling that is as good as Windows (sane plugin window management, ability to use tab/arrow keys in popup windows)
- "just works" with all controllers I've had
- feels like an instrument itself

No one mentioned Studio Vision yet, that did it for me...
Still looking for a replacement...

Ableton Live. The clip-based concept did it for me... Tried FL Studio, Cubase, Sonar and Tracktion before, but i can't get really in touch with them. :P

Cheers,

ganym3d
Lenovo_L412_i5-520m_@_2.4GHz|8GB_RAM|120GB_SSD|128GB_extMemory|Win_7|Live_9.7.7|volca_sample|Novation_Launchpad_Mk2-Launch Control_XL_Mk2-Audiohub_2x4-Circuit|Kaoss_Pad_Mini_2S|Allen&Heath_ZEDi-10|various_PlugIns|Tab_A6|Mazetools_Soniface

anyone here who started with reaper and stick with it for the whole time
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Jace-BeOS wrote:i don't know this van Buuren guy, but i didn't really start making music i felt proud of, consistently, until i moved to Logic on a Mac. Previously, i was struggling with many versions of Sonar on a PC. Logic is far from perfect, but the tools finally got mostly out of my way (especially the OS).
I hate to admit it in a way but when I used to use Logic (V8/9) daily at Uni (I was doing my Music Tech BA) I used to get better results consistently from it using headphones sat in class than with anything I did at home in my nice room with my decent monitors. It was hard to get my head around at the time.. I would actually love a Mac based set up but i just cannot afford to get into that world plus I absolutely loved the 8/9 gui - I absolutely despise the X one :cry:
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Apratim wrote:anyone here who started with reaper and stick with it for the whole time
Stuck with it since 2007. I've tried many others during that time but always come back to it when I find some thing that X daw can't do or I get show stopping crashes/bugs.

'Intuitive' is totally subjective of course but Reaper has been the most intuitive to me. I guess it's down to which DAW coincides with the way you happen to think.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Logic...and it still does it!!!

All the daws want to do it with me, but I only do it with Ableton

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”