[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I'd really like it if S1 could directly "import" pairs of stereo outputs from Reason beyond the main mix pair (Live can do that). I currently use a workaround that involves an extra buss and hard panning but it could be a lot more elegant.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

bundoo wrote:I mean that Halion CAN be edited in terms of sounds etc but Halion SE can't be

Presence is like Halion SE as far as I can see.
Presence can be edited with the Presence XT Editor (unless copyrighted) like the free Halion Sonic SE can be edited with Halion.
(It's a bit reductive since Halion is much more than an editor for Halion Sonic 3/SE).

Obviously Steinberg would shoot themselves in the food when they implement Halion's features in Halion Sonic 3 or SE. There would be no reason to buy Halion then.

The one important feature I am really missing in Studio One is mix/er-snapshots.

Strangely enough, Sonar is still the only host that has this, proper support for touchscreens and Melodyne ARA.

All others are missing at least one of these three.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jonljacobi wrote:
tapiodmitriyevich wrote:Studio One user. I want excellent modulation as in Bitwig. It is not existing in S1 at all. This opens up for unmatched possibilities in sound design. You can add LFOs etc. to any vsts setting, which is exposed to the DAW.
https://youtu.be/-9oXjl259zc
I'd be shocked if they went anywhere near something like that. As far as I know, only Bitwig and Mulab have the modular framework to support something like that. Perhaps Live. I'm sure someone will chime in if there are others.

Reaper had something like this for years.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
Reaper had something like this for years.
How so? This Bitwig method seems much easier to use and see what is going on than anything i have seen from Reaper.

What are you trying to say? tapiodmitriyevich said he would like Studio One to provide per-parameter modulation via LFO, etc. as Bitwig does and you replied that you doubt that this is going to be implemented and you also added that afayk only Mulab and Bitwig offer this - I corrected you in this latter regard and that is all there is to it. :shrug:

The best thing that presonus can do is A STABLE osx version.
No more reply like : " this is not a s1 problem , this is the plugin dev problem" ...
Cubase work very well under osx with the same plugins..

jens wrote: Proper support for touchscreens and Melodyne ARA.
Studio One 3.0 /3.5 supports touchscreens and also includes a dedicated touchscreen app for various devices https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One-Remote

Melodyne ARA has been integrated in Studio One since version 2.0 (2011). It's the full Integrated Melodyne Essentials 4 time and pitch correction version, (or budget version) of the full commercial version, however thats provided with Studio One Pro 3.0/3.5.

Artists users are limited to the trial version of Melodyne Essentials 4.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Please read again what I wrote. You can't just take a snippet out of contest like that as If I said something completely different.

I own S1 3 Pro b.t.w.

jens wrote:Please read again what I wrote. You can't just take a snippet out of contest like that as If I said something completely different.

I own S1 3 Pro b.t.w.
It's not what you said, it's what you implied.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

You mean what I perhaps appeared to imply for those with severely limited reading comprehension skills?

But here ist a hint, just for you: read the last sentence of that post you partly quoted.

Anyone else who's not posted yet with Thoughts & Predictions in regard to Presonus Studio One 4.0 ?

Oh well,...I'll add this to the list, because it's one aspect that I do think is behind the times and that I was very surprised wasn't addressed and that's the lack of vector points with the tempo map. Stealing the vector idea from Steinberg and adding a few tricks of it's own in how tempo works, would really help things in this department..with Studio One 4.0.

There is a lack in contrast in the current S3 GUI. It looks slightly blurry to me. I wish they made GUI elements more defined.

THE INTRANCER wrote:Artists users are limited to the trial version of Melodyne Essentials 4.
Actually, they're not. They just don't get it for free.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”