PRODUCTS

Hello everyone,

I have the following setup:

Computer 1:
- DAW: Ableton Live

Computer 2:
- DAW: Logic Pro X

Both of which are on the same network.

Here is the workflow I'm looking for, where "x plugin" is the plugin that I am looking for that will allow this to work:
- Consolidate and bounce a track on Computer 1
- Add "x plugin" to the newly bounced track
- Drag the bounced track into "x plugin"
- On Computer 2, create a new track and add "x plugin"
- Drag the file from "x plugin" into the new track

I have looked into Audreio for streaming the audio between the DAW's, but what I'm looking for is something that doesn't require real-time playback and recording to transfer the files.

At a technical level this plugin creates a shared folder on a network, of which allows the dragging and dropping of tracks/clips between different DAWs on that network.

Does anybody have a plugin that actually does this?

Thank you

Why don't you use something like dropbox, google drive or onedrive? Or why don't solutions like that work for you? You can just drag n drop the audio in the daw from a file explorer.

I use Dante Via and the Dante driver for connecting audio directly. Then you even do not need to bounce, just mix in Logic.
For your scenario it is really easier to just drop the bounced file onto a folder in the networked Computer 2 and drop it there into Logic, way easier than a plug-in cold ever do that...

+ dropbox.
this is how i do all my cross DAW stuff now.

inkwarp wrote:+ dropbox.
this is how i do all my cross DAW stuff now.
Me too

Why would you need dropbox or google if the computers are on the same network ?

Maybe try something like Vienna Ensemble.

who said they were on the same network? i use dropbox so i can access all my projects on a laptop.

inkwarp wrote:who said they were on the same network? i use dropbox so i can access all my projects on a laptop.
The OP said his computers were on the same network .. and then people started suggesting Dropbox and then I was like ‘why do you need Dropbox if they are on the same network?’

You can make any non-system Windows folder into a shared folder* that you can access with another computer on the same network. I believe you could grant write access ability to it too.

I haven't tried accessing such a folder from a Mac, but I'm sure it could be done from Linux, and MacOS is a very close relative of Linux.

* Right-click on a folder, choose Properties, go to the Sharing tab, tell it what you want.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote:You can make any non-system Windows folder into a shared folder* that you can access with another computer on the same network. I believe you could grant write access ability to it too.

I haven't tried accessing such a folder from a Mac, but I'm sure it could be done from Linux, and MacOS is a very close relative of Linux.
Yes, very unclear how MacOS treat files from PC.

I used a printshop long ago that had a network with both Mac and PC - tried to transfer files as they were - in this case postscript.

We tried many file types, as PS and something else that had no meaning on Mac - but still failed as MacOS changed binary content of the files. Still unpacking zip was a problem - MacOS had it's own go at those formats inside.

So how audio files like WAV are as they are transferred to Mac is written in the stars. Maybe it's more common ground with those, hard to tell.

Maybe a plugin like OP is asking for would be a good thing?

Windows 10 has problems with sharing folders in a LAN. Unless you use a workgroup, but this feels like legacy.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”