What Synthesizer do you recommend?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:It has lots of nice sounds, but lots of people are very unimpressed with it. I would say, leave it alone. You are only going to sound like the crowd with that. Not that anyone will notice, but there is a certain thrill to using 'boutique' VSTs like LinPlug Spectral.

For the price of Nexus which is 250 Euros, you could buy Spectral which is 120 Euros Plus the soundsets from Simon Stockhausen which are the best of class - world class - the cream - not just in this synth, but all synths - they cost 40 Euros or something for a massive library - that takes you up to 160 Euros = 90 Euros change, and that is just with the base Nexus - extra soundbanks cost you more.
Keep talking like that and the crowd will all be using Simon Stockhausen Spectral sounds. ;)

Well, a few of us had a go at him saying, we love your work and we are poor, but we would still like to buy it. He said, it costs what it costs and is worth it. No one could argue with him. I'll buy it when I have the money.

I'm not affiliated with Simon at all and just used him as an example because his stuff is top notch, but yeah, I'll calm down about it now.

(unless I get a freebie and then I will start raving again, but I think that unlikely and I have certainly made my point)

:-)

Jellydonut wrote:
codec_spurt wrote: Well, first off, Nexus is very popular but it uses a dongle.
Wait whoa what do you mean by dongle? Like a required hardware piece? I guess I didn't do enough research...
The system specs are:

Free USB-port for eLicenser
Internet connection to download license

So yeah, if you use a laptop then you will have one of those things sticking out. Even if you don't use a laptop you need to use a usb port for their 'key'. Lose it and that is it.

Nexus is famous for not being cracked. It won't ever be cracked. And that is ok. It is worth the money. I just don't think any software is worth the dongle.

I'm not sure if the price of the dongle is included in the price of the software.

codec_spurt wrote: The system specs are:

So yeah, if you use a laptop then you will have one of those things sticking out. Even if you don't use a laptop you need to use a usb port for their 'key'. Lose it and that is it.
So the only real reason for the dongle is to install? Or does the synth live on there? It seems very interesting... little bit of a hassle.

Spectral seems very interesting, and powerful. I think I'll try to stick to my T-Force for now :D

Jellydonut wrote:
codec_spurt wrote: The system specs are:

So the only real reason for the dongle is to install? Or does the synth live on there? It seems very interesting... little bit of a hassle.

Spectral seems very interesting, and powerful. I think I'll try to stick to my T-Force for now :D
Forget about Spectral. It was just an example. I have dozens of synths I could have used in its place. Still not sure about your rationale for sticking to your T-Force though. You don't qualify at all why that might be. You give no reason at all.

But then again, you don't know what a dongle is, or what function it performs. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

The synth/software/program is installed on your hard drive. The usb key/dongle is something the program communicates with via encrypted signals to see if the program is legitimate, if it is not, the program stops working. The program will not work without it inserted.

This, I am pretty sure you know, almost as much as my certainty that you are taking the piss, coz you only joined KVR yesterday. But maybe someone else learns something. Like I said, it's the only reason I post.

Any more dumb f**k questions?

Nope, no more dumb questions. I've just never heard of using a dongle to enable a synth. Thanks for explaining that, and I had mentioned the T-Force in a previous post in the thread.

did this threed get hihjacked?

ANd how do you not know if I created sylenth1 or not?
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

u-he DIVA has a collection of famous synthesizer modules and you can mix them.

seeing as you already have FL studio,you should try getting to grips with Harmor.
Makes great plucks,leads , pads and super saws.

for bass like reese bass,wobbles alien/transformers sounding stuff,NI Massive.

Some fantastic suggestions in here, going to be diving deep into this thread!

marioschluse wrote:Hi,

first of all I want to say, that I am a beginner.
I just have worked with FL Studio and it's vsti plugins.

Now I want to buy a synthesizer plugin.
Since I am a noob the synthesizer should be user-friendly and with a lot of presets.
Moreover I don't have much money so it should be about 100€.
Last but not least I mainly do pop music.

So what synthesizer could you recommend me?

I'm looking forward to your recommendations.
Thanks in advance :)

You could get the entire Korg Legacy collection for about that price.

Special Bundle includes following softwares :

MS-20
Polysix
Mono/Poly
M1
WAVESTATION
MDE-X

Best deal on the market! (one of them)

I would recommend SynthMaster, since it's such a great all-rounder, but I have had some issues with it in FL Studio (nowhere else, so it's most likely not a problem with SM). I have also fallen in love with Mutool's MUX lately, which is incredibly flexible and fun to use.

But if you use FL Studio, I second what someone else said and would recommend Harmor. Seamless has several large tutorial videos for it on Youtube (just search for "seamless harmor").

Mivo wrote:I have also fallen in love with Mutool's MUX lately
+1

So many possibilities and great support and developments

And IMO reasonably priced
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Mivo wrote:I would recommend SynthMaster, since it's such a great all-rounder, but I have had some issues with it in FL Studio (nowhere else, so it's most likely not a problem with SM). I have also fallen in love with Mutool's MUX lately, which is incredibly flexible and fun to use.
Synthmaster + MUX is basically what I run off of. (And the squirrels... don't forget the squirrels...)
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”