Melodyne vs. Nectar vs. NewTone

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use FL Studio, and I just got word that all Image-Line plugins are 50% off for a while. I do instrumental stuff as of yet, but I plan to do some vocal work soon. Because of this, I'm considering purchasing NewTone while it's on sale, and because of its integration with FL.

I've heard that Melodyne is the bomb, and if it's way better than NewTone, I'll wait, get up some funds, and purchase that when I'm ready. Or look into Melodyne Essential. I've also heard stuff about Nectar from iZotope, but I don't know how that compares to either.

Between NewTone, Melodyne (and Melodyne Essential), and Nectar (including Nectar Elements), which software would you recommend? Should I get NewTone while it's on sale, or just wait and get something bigger? I should also mention I have a very tight budget, and can't afford something like the full Melodyne right now.

Thanks guys,

-Dr. G

That depends. How often do you do vocal work?

If you're just trying to tune some vocal chops than Newtone works just fine. If you're looking to edit entire vocal tracks with it, it might become cumbersome to deal with.
vaisnava:Bee-Berp, that does not compute, your post exceeded the 4x4 parameters, Bee-Berp

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”