Cannot fix the "Patch is encrypted" error for Kontakt 5.2.1 Library

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone! I recently updated my Kontakt player from 4 to 5.2.1 as I wasn't able to load the library "Shreddage II" by Impact Soundworks. Please excuse me as this might sound really stupid, but I have been trying to get it work on my kontakt for almost 2 years now. I went through several forums and videos on youtube where I was asked to delete the registry key for that library. Also I would like to state that I'm really weak with all this stuff and struggle a lot, so please bear with me here, any help would be highly appreciated! :D

The library I need to load into kontakt is "Shreddage II". I was asked to follow these steps:

1.Delete the registry key related to that library
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\(LibName)

2.Delete the from registry value related to that library
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Content

3.Delete the xml file related to that libary
%Program Files%\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center

but I just cannot find the reg files for this library anywhere.
Really looking forward to get help for this particular library. I have been trying for two years now and at this point I'm really desperate. :(

After 2 years, I'd try uninstalling and then reinstalling the library from the original installation files, going through whatever the authorization process might be again. I had to do that with many of the Komplete libraries for Kontakt when I had to reinstall Kontakt on a new machine after a hard disk crash--a simply copy-over didn't work (although the Kontakt 4 factory library did work), they all needed to be re-authorized.

What happens in the service centre? Does it see that Shreddage is there and ask you for a serial number?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”