Your Favorite MIDI Chord Player

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm interested in hardware OR software suggestions for anything that lets you assign chords (MIDI, not samples) to a single key or pad. Do you have any favorites? Any that didn't work as you'd like? I'm open to keyboards, pad controllers, VSTs, you name it.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Xfer's Cthulhu is the obvious ITB choice, but if you have an iPad that you can wire up to your desktop, then there are a stack of great tools on there. ChordPolyPad is probably the pick of the bunch.

On software I like Sundog Scale Studio and I use J74 Progressive too with my Launchpad PRO.

On hardware I have bought a Kordbot, it looks good but it will not come until September.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/is ... -step-sequ

Cheers.

Sundog Scale Studio is my favorite.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Squareheads NORAHarm. It is now bundled with NORA the Phrase Arpeggiator though, so there would be a small purchase involved. But only about $50.00, and you'd also get a completely amazing compositional aid/sequencer/arpeggiator/magical-thing.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I am checking them all out!
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Sundog Scale Studio and NORA

The built in Logic one if i'm lazy, combine it with the built in arpeggiator and it's quite good

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”