Audio track gated to midi keyboard

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have been trying to recreate a trick I used 12 years ago but without success, I've been a few years without producing music but the technology continued to evolve and now I have been some difficulties mainly with routing.

Before I used Cubase but for now I have been using Live 9 Lite, for now it is more than enough but the difficulties I've had to recreate a trick makes me want to go back to Cubase, most of my plugins are old or free.

So... I have a audio track playing one sample with random noises, I have A1Audio Trigger Gate in this track, I want to send it to a midi track and play it with the midi keyboard.

Before it was extremely easy to do this with a vst fx gate and cubuse, I do not know if it's a Live problem, already tested with several vst gate's but without success.

Can someone help me recreate this trick?

Thanks

double post - the following one is the one.
Last edited by nordickvr on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm doing this using Unfiltered Audio G8 (Plugin Alliance) within Logic X.
Plus, G8 offers other ways/option regarding gate.
Pretty clever plug-in, as all Unfiltered Audio's.
Also, if you own Zebra2, you could use Zebrify (witch comes with Zebra2) to do gate using ADSR and a lot lot lot more...!
Hope this help.

I just have ZebraCM, synths I only have Surge, Albino and Predator, I can use the Predator and Surge as FX.

Yesterday decided to test on my old pc with cubase and I was close to get what I wanted, the trick worked but not with a gate, worked with the Buffer Synth (NDC PLUGS), tested with several gates but without success despite the routing settings are correct, theoretically should work but is not working.

Working with buffer synth
I can play the audio track 1 voice on my midi keyboard

Not working
I can't play the audio track 1 voice on my midi keyboard but I can choose Predator FX in the midi track as output, with most gates I can not even choose them in the midi track as output and in this case it makes sense that the trick does not work, but when I can choose them in the midi track as output should work...

@hma, that's it, but I need something with fast attack, something like that with ADSR it was perfect, should exist a few hundred vst able to do this, more than 12 years ago was easy, the problem is to remember the vst I used for this :(

Later I will install and test with the audio G8 gate demo.

Thanks

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”