Beginer

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi I'm totally NEW at creating, mixing and editing music, I'm currently using the MixPad DEMO version just to start and learn about the recording studio software, I am familiar with what certain options can do, but not fully perfected it yet, what I would like to learn is how to use the MixPad Midi Editor, I see I require several plugins to create music, I would like to know, what plugin to select that will work in MixPad MIDI Editor, I am overwhelmed with the amount of FREE plugins available.

Does anyone know about the MixPad software? and if so, What plugins would you suggest I use for my MIDI editor to learn about the plugin and how to use it.

Interest in...
Instrument plugins.
Effects plugins

If I need an additional plugin that is required, please can you inform me and suggest one?

Thank You so much
Ralphy61 :phones:

Hmm... never heard of Mixpad but it looks OK for a beginner. To make music using MIDI you need a virtual synthesizer in the form of a plugin known as a VSTi (Virtual Studio Technology Instrument). A good one for learning is Synth1. You can download it from KVR here:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/synth1-by-ichiro-toda

Sooner or later you might want some effects VSTs. I don't know what Mixpad comes with (and don't have time to research this) but there is a list of free effects here on KVR

For 64-bit Windows: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=390110
For 32-bit Windows: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9780

Hi garryknight

Thank you for your reply, I downloaded MixPad from the NCH Software web-site, It's a pretty basic and standard software, yes great for Beginner's, I've read the tutorial and it does mention VSTs which is the reason I went to KVR Audio for more info, I will look into your suggestion on "synth 1". I'll eventually will be working with Protools down the road, I have a close friend who will work with me on that one when the time comes.

P.S. garryknight Thank You for taking the time to help me.

Have a great day.... :tu:

ralphy61

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”