Trusted user system or any other safety for me as a buyer?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First of all, hello everyone!

I'm Daniel and currently trying to get more into recording, mixing and producing my music so I wanted to upgrade to Studio One Pro, but 400 bucks is a bit much, so this forum seems right.

I am new to this forum, a friend recommended it and it sure seems busy. Great prices for software all around, the thing I am wondering about is, how do I get some kind of safety? If I send money via pay pal and the seller doesn't follow through with the deal, any way to get my money back?

Is there some kind of system in place that will identify a trusted person on this forum?

Help is appreciated.

There's no real system.. but that's what the feedback thread is for, if you search for a seller/buyer and see that other people have had successful transactions with them in the past then generally they're seen as a safe seller/buyer..

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
-- Albert Einstein

Paying with PayPal gives you protection from a bad deal. You'll be able to submit proof to paypal if something goes wrong and they will refund you the money!

Absolutely DO NOT USE PAYPAL GIFT unless the person is a personal friend of yours. Gift has NO protection. Once you send the money, the person could decide to block you and that's that, you can't do anything about it.

JoshuaTheKvlt wrote:Paying with PayPal gives you protection from a bad deal. You'll be able to submit proof to paypal if something goes wrong and they will refund you the money!

Absolutely DO NOT USE PAYPAL GIFT unless the person is a personal friend of yours. Gift has NO protection. Once you send the money, the person could decide to block you and that's that, you can't do anything about it.
that depends on they type of goods bought via paypal! i was once scammed and got NOT help from paypal as it was software which is no physical good...

dermichl wrote:
JoshuaTheKvlt wrote:Paying with PayPal gives you protection from a bad deal. You'll be able to submit proof to paypal if something goes wrong and they will refund you the money!

that depends on they type of goods bought via paypal! i was once scammed and got NOT help from paypal as it was software which is no physical good...
It's okay to use PayPal. But pay with a linked credit card, not cash. The credit card has automatic consumer protections attached to it -- if someone tries to cheat you, raise the issue with your credit card company and dispute the transaction.

dermichl wrote:

That must have been before they announced that the buyer protection also covers software, which was about 2 years ago or so.

If you want a legit key without risk ebay sells them from 200-250 dollars. More legit then buying from here because they are authorized seller, you get a new key within hours, and register it to you're own presonous account.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”