Best priced vst synth you own?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok cheap:
wait for mpowersynth or the total bundle on a madness sales and grab it for around 71 to 50% off and you would be happy
or serum on a monthly plan for 10$/month

or get something which has free update(the above mentioned synths or something from imageline on salse or second hand market)
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

+1 Komplete

I brought A Machine Jam for £299 (which is also a good Ableton Live controller) which come with Komplete select and upgraded to Komplete standard for £149 in the summer sale. A bargain considering all the included synths as well as Reaktor and the full Knontakt.

OreoSplitter wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Omnisphere
Would be nice to own but I can't see myself paying $500 for it. It might be worth it but it's still way too expensive especially without a trial. Zebra 2 is affordable and you can find thousands of sounds online for it. I really like how easy it is to automate literally every knob and the x/y pads are nice as well. If I could only keep one vst, that would be it.
Whether it is worth it is down to the individual

Some people think that 'O' is nothing but hype.
Others think it's great, but not worth the asking price.
I'm among an (I'm semi-guessing) large group of people who find it worth more than the asking price.

"Affordable" was not in the question :shrug:

Reaktor 6. Costs as much or barely more than some simple synths, yet you get so much more, and #1 sound.

The Legend & RePro-1

I own about a dozen softsynths ranging from $50 to $200. I know a lot of people around here have more, anyway... talking about sound design tools (not presets) and "regular" musical needs, I personally think nothing currently beats SynthMaster2 on quality and quantity over price, especially when you get it on one of the (quite recurrent) sales at around $60-70.

K-Bee wrote: Arturia V5 - the wealth of quality synths you get is crazy
This. For the current 250 it´s a no brainer. Synclavier alone keeps you busy for the next 10 years :D

Niowiad wrote:I own about a dozen softsynths ranging from $50 to $200. I know a lot of people around here have more, anyway... talking about sound design tools (not presets) and "regular" musical needs, I personally think nothing currently beats SynthMaster2 on quality and quantity over price, especially when you get it on one of the (quite recurrent) sales at around $60-70.
i took Synthmaster one for less than 20 euro as crossgrade - it's absolutely no brain deal - SM2.7 was less than 60 euro in the end of 2015 so for 80 euro and waiting for new SM3 it's best purchase i've ever done - the new upcommerz ANA2 and Viper deserve attention if the price is right as well ...also Zebra3 and Dune3 could be new workhorses - i don't know why but Sylenth1 has this addictive result over everybody - it's basic synth,limited in many ways,overpriced, but so cool :):):)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:
i took Synthmaster one for less than 20 euro as crossgrade - it's absolutely no brain deal - SM2.7 was less than 60 euro in the end of 2015 so for 80 euro and waiting for new SM3 it's best purchase i've ever done
I'd say pretty much the same thing. Bought SM for €55, got SMOne for €20 more. Those would be the cheapest actual synths that I own, other than those bundled with Logic. I've gotten cheaper deals on IKM things like Sampletron, etc., but they aren't synths, per se.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

For me Omnisphere 2 and Zebra 2. Those 2 never let me down and find their way in all kinds of needs.

I use a number of free synths. Excellent value for money, all of them.

I haven't found a paid-for synth that gives me anything I want that I can't do with the freebies (though some things may be quicker or easier to do) so I don't see any of them as being real value for money.

Steve

Niowiad wrote: ... talking about sound design tools (not presets) and "regular" musical needs, I personally think nothing currently beats SynthMaster2 on quality and quantity over price, especially when you get it on one of the (quite recurrent) sales at around $60-70.
Couldn't agree more. Apart from the freebies and 1€ VSTs like Xpand2! SM packs some great bang and inspiration for the buck but the best priced synth in my stable has to be AAS Ultra Analog VA-2, even for the standard retail price (US$199). No other VST I've ever played has clicked with me that much and that thing just doesn't stop to amaze me, especially in the ambient department.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:i don't know why but Sylenth1 has this addictive result over everybody - it's basic synth,limited in many ways,overpriced, but so cool :):):)
It is not a basic synth, Charlatan is a basic synth.
Limited why? Because it does not have wavetable and such things? Neither did Oberheims or Moogs...
Overpriced? No more since they introduced rent-to-buy.

It is certainly the best-priced synth I have because it covers all my synth needs. Robust and great-sounding, while using little CPU.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:i don't know why but Sylenth1 has this addictive result over everybody - it's basic synth,limited in many ways,overpriced, but so cool :):):)
It is not a basic synth, Charlatan is a basic synth.
Limited why? Because it does not have wavetable and such things? Neither did Oberheims or Moogs...
Overpriced? No more since they introduced rent-to-buy.

It is certainly the best-priced synth I have because it covers all my synth needs. Robust and great-sounding, while using little CPU.
Ok peace brother - Sylenth1 is classic virtual analog(VA) synth with typical modulations for that generation of synths developed in 80s,90s and then emulated in digital environment as vsti but in 2017 i think the demands are higher - don't get me wrong i adore this little beast,the sound is so cool but it's 90s machine in any way - super nice structure and idea but it's like car compared to airplane with more sophisticated synths ...and i hope quality and diversity of sound to continue to rise every year with new developments.Peace out :)

Yeah Sylenth1 for me - sure it isn't an everything beast, but that's why we all own a multitude of synths don't we. ;)
What it does it does perfectly and the sound quality and ease of use just make it my go-to for the majority of my work.
Don't Tech No for an Answer

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”