Most undiscussed vst synths

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:like Synth1 is amazing,well known and probably 'better' in many aspects than some commercial synths,but personally i feel it's not enough discussed and appreciated...
I am a total synth snob/slut but I have to agree with you there. For being free, Synth1 is pretty damn amazing. Sure - it doesn't excel in any area, but it can capture an amazing range of sounds. I am sure you could make a whole pop song with it and nobody would notice that you were using a "free" synth.

I guess impOSCar isn't a synth that hasn't been discussed - but I think it's that damn amazing that it should be talked about much more :lol:

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

i wouldn't even mention synth1 if i wasn't amazed by it - when i first play some presets it was like mhhh it's not good then start to experiment and already was WAW - NORD LEAD AND VIRUS HAD FREE SOFT BABY :):):)You can make a composition that nobody except virus and nord users will be able to recognize which is soft and which is hardware it is that good - it's the only free vst synth that has this distinguish hardware character,only fx section is bit limited but i like it this way cuz force you to make the sound even better using external fx :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyrN6VMp7Wc

twitewhite wrote:Synth1 isn't that great, even compared to other free synths. It's not bad by any means, but let's be honest. It's only is popular because it's free, there are many tutorials on it, and many soundbanks for it (and free and small file size, of course).
That. I think there's much better sounding stuff out there for free. Synth1 is rather a "good package". Relatively versatile, and fully featured.

Regarding the topic, i can only say, don't be deceived. Undiscussed = most likely for a reason. I tried a lot of synths, which are rather considered "secret tips" among users here and elsewhere. In almost all cases, they WERE worse than other stuff, over which there's much more rave about. So, i'd say, in general, the more rave, and the more people can charge for a used copy of the synth, the better. Sylenth1 e.g. still goes for horrendous prices, considering it's over 10 years old now. A bad or unpopular synth (closely linked those 2) would never produce that.

Audiorealism synths. Great stuff but rarely seen anywhere.

Distorted Horizon wrote:Audiorealism synths. Great stuff but rarely seen anywhere.
Indeed. ABL Pro is insanely underrated.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

With some synths it is not so much the synths as such, but the developers that are popular, some even present on KVR, while others are or at least seem to be more standoffish.
TAL for instance. His stuff is being discussed when he releases a new plugin, such as Mod these days, but after the initial buzz, TAL threads are pretty rare on KVR. I don't think he is on KVR, although I am not sure.

Then of course there is publicity, be it via artists (supposedly) using a plugin or via ads.

TAL even have their own forums here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=165

He (Patrick) is not on here very often though.

I don't know how relevant it is anyway. Serum gets a lot of rave here, but, the dev isn't really on here much either, rather frequents his own forum on his site. Sylenth1 got a whole lot of rave, but Lennard wasn't present for ages. Forums are overrated. :P

ToguAudioLine: 168 posts in 11 years :hihi:

This plugin.
You are currently reading my signature.

chk071 wrote:I don't know how relevant it is anyway. Serum gets a lot of rave here, but, the dev isn't really on here much either, rather frequents his own forum on his site. Sylenth1 got a whole lot of rave, but Lennard wasn't present for ages. Forums are overrated. :P
I guess that's because products that are considered the best are a kind of reference, so people often talk about them, compare others to them etc.

twitewhite wrote:Synth1 isn't that great, even compared to other free synths. It's not bad by any means, but let's be honest. It's only is popular because it's free, there are many tutorials on it, and many soundbanks for it (and free and small file size, of course).
THANK YOU

I'll never say...
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Let's not discuss these synths too much anyway, otherwise they'd lose their "secret tip" status. ;)

Mpowersynth is underated due to its GUI
DS Thorn is I think underated due to serum
Sytrus is underated due to its complexity ithink
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Halfnhalf wrote:Dmitry Sches - Diversion flies under the radar and, IMO , is one of the best sounding and easy to program VST synths out there.
+1, the Dmitry Sches stuff sounds pretty fantastic. Happened to find out Thorn CM was the freebie for an issue of Computer Music that I missed, downloaded it, totally blown away. Legitimately stumbled upon the tonality I'd been chasing for the past year and a half. :hihi:
Apratim wrote:DS Thorn is I think underated due to serum
Not quite sure what you're getting at here, seeing as both utilize different types of synthesis.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”