Please help explain how to get good guitar sound and different chord changes.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am new at this.

I have searched and it seems that to get good guitar sound you have to have a sample or loop from a real guitar. l see that plenty of samples and loops are available but how do you change those samples/loops to different chord changes. In other words how would I change a sample/loop from a G chord to a C chord? Do you have to have the rhythm pattern in a different sample/loop in a different chord? In other words if the first bar of my song is a G chord and the second bar is a C chord do I need 2 different samples/loops 1 recorded in G and 1 recorded in C or can I change the same sample/loop in piano roll or something to different chords?

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

Options:
1) Shop around for samples that do the job;
2) Learn to use your DAW's audio editor;
3) Buy a guitar sample library (eg Sheddage);
4) Take a year to learn guitar and do it yourself.

4) is the best choice in the long term, but 3) is probably the best compromise. Samples are very limiting/limited. Pitch shifting them by more than a couple of semi-tones will make them sound unnatural.
A sample library, on the other hand, will have samples of the guitar from every fret and string. Some will have a couple of octaves of power chords. I suppose it all depends on how prominent in your track the guitar is going to be.

I suppose (5) get a guitarist to do it for you...

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to make music. :(

With samples (not loops) you can play chords like you would with a piano or any other sampled instrument. You just need to play like a guitarist (not necessarily easy). I think there are some packs that offer major, minor, etc chords in different keys.

Thank you for taking time to reply. This information gets me pointed in the right direction.

Kind regards,
yeto

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”