Phonec, coming soon to a Mac near you...

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Psychic Modulation is planning to hire none other than Chris Kerry to code Phonec v2.0 as a Mac/PC 32/64 bit VST and AU plugin using his "CK engine". I will be starting a crowdfunding campaign to help make this happen. I'm still researching what platform would be best suited for this, Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Gofundme, etc. If anyone has any input, I'd love to hear it. The idea so far would be to have rewards depending on amount donated.

Here's a list of ideas so far:
-Phonec2 pre-order and early access
-Phonec2 discount depending on amount contributed
-Free access to all of my 32-bit commercial plugins
-A drum layering, Construct-style sample pack I've been working on

Phonec v2.0 will be an improved, and updated version. While staying true to the original, this version answers to several requests I've received, sound improvements, GUI improvements and some interesting new features. Not to mention, it will be 64-bit and available for Mac.

I'm also considering a small upgrade fee. I've always been an advocate of "free upgrades for life", but considering the circumstances, that if I can't get the proper funding this may not even happen, it might make sense. What do you think, would you be willing to pay a small upgrade fee of say, no more than $15? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this and the above propositions.

$15 update fee sounds OK for me. Also crowdfunding model is a good idea. Phonec deserves a nice reboot. Do you plan to refresh other synths, like Aethereal?
SoundCloud * Albums:"Elarchimeriac" "Imnixtimnuor" "Paustiufrutaa"
Join me and other ambient music passionates at AmbientOnline.org

Thats great to hear! Kickstarter is very popular imo. Crowdfunding to hire CK? Why not! What is with the upgrade price ($15 is fair imo) if a Phonec user support the campaign? Some kind of offsetting?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Ranjarresh wrote:$15 update fee sounds OK for me. Also crowdfunding model is a good idea. Phonec deserves a nice reboot. Do you plan to refresh other synths, like Aethereal?
That's the plan. Once the ball is rolling I intend on upgrading a select few commercial synths.

murnau wrote:Thats great to hear! Kickstarter is very popular imo. Crowdfunding to hire CK? Why not! What is with the upgrade price ($15 is fair imo) if a Phonec user support the campaign? Some kind of offsetting?
That's what I'm thinking, if the upgrade cost is $15, then a campaign contribution of $5-$10 gets an upgrade as well as a free sample pack.

This is brilliant news :) $15 upgrade is a great price.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

15$ sounds great Jack :-)

Decided to go with RocketHub. I'm gonna try to get this going within the next couple days.

Sorry about the lack of updates. I'm still finalizing a few details. I am planning to launch the campaign by tomorrow.

The sample packs I've been speaking of have evolved into Ableton Instruments. Of course if you don't use Ableton, they're also available as wav packs. They will be part of a growing collection of sample-based instruments and drum racks. I'm planning quite a few of these and will eventually have an entire section of the website dedicated to it.

The goods that contributors receive will include the following (based on amount contributed):
  • Upgrade to Phonec v2.0 for existing customers
    Pre-order of Phonec v2.0
    Construct Drums for Ableton
    Phonec Wavs for Ableton
    VHS Synths for Ableton
    Free copies of Dubtron, Aethereal and Cerebrum
More details to come.

To stay up to date, be sure to follow Psychic Modulation on Facebook or Twitter

Phonec is one amazing synth. I love it. I've been using it with a bridge, but I'd love to see a full 64-bit version.

I'm definitely in on this.

jsp1979 wrote:Phonec is one amazing synth. I love it. I've been using it with a bridge, but I'd love to see a full 64-bit version.

I'm definitely in on this.
Glad to hear it :)

The funding campaign for Phonec v2.0 has officially launched!

Access the page here, where you can pre-order Phonec v2.0 or reserve your upgrade from v1x:
https://www.rockethub.com/projects/6128 ... ynthesizer

There are several other funding options with various 'goods' provided.

I will post an official thread with more details shortly.

Thank you Jack!

I have a question what means option 1 for $10 : "you get a discounted upgrade to Phonec v2.0 once it is released" ?

Paying a discounted upgrade price again then? How much is it?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:Thank you Jack!

I have a question what means option 1 for $10 : "you get a discounted upgrade to Phonec v2.0 once it is released" ?

Paying a discounted upgrade price again then? How much is it?
I've never had paid upgrading in the past, this is the first time. Upgrading to Phonec v2.0 will be $15 for registered users. Once Phonec v2 is released it will be $59. So upgrading and pre-ordering are both discounted.

Thanks but does that mean that i have to pay $5 then when i selecting option 1 now for $10 as v1 user?

Return to “Psychic Modulation”