MuTracks
6%
Other
12%

Total votes: 51

RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutracks!

what about Urania? - it's one of the nine muses...

some of the others are:

- Clio

- Thalia

- Calliope

But I think Urania would fit best of them as it contains an association with (atom-)energy (just like Reaktor while being a lot smarter :hihi:)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

nice Jens!
Thalia might sound like a bookshop to a German speaking audience though :hihi:

I've also been thinking about planet names, like Jupiter etc... Thought about Uranus / Urania.

But for me it smells too much to urine and or anus... :?

BonteBurg wrote:
QUICKSILVER hm..again the headache thing.. hehe
to me quicksilver is something that comes out of a borken oldschool thermometer and that you had better not touch unless you want to have spasms and die slowly HiHi Might be just me though.
"...have spasms and die slowly," just cracks me up. Of course it's just you, you grouchy old troll. :lol: :lol: We used to dare each other to lick the mercury drops, of course I don't know of anyone who ever did. (and lived to tell) :hihi:

And STUDIOGOLD is a little too grownup?? Well, maybe so. I'm yuppy age and so naturally I lean that direction. I'm sensing among my friends (my age) that there is a strong new market for Mutools' seq. These are mostly newbies to computer music. Their kids are growing off to college or careers and they have more time on their hands. When they hear how easy it is to hookup the kid's synth to their new computer and install one small new program and voilla they have a Home Studio (HOME STUDIO), then they get interested real fast.

It's the magic of having their own home studio for a very cheap investment beyond what they already own. I have 3 immediate friends who have expressed an interest in this recently, after my explaining some of this to them. I guarantee, if I had a laptop computer, that I could go visit my old school friends who were into marching bands or guitars, and I could entice most of them to try computer music. All you have to do is market the product to them. (understatement of the year)

So I'm thinking outside the KVR-box on this. KVRians are mostly sold on this concept and product already. So, IMHO, it would be better to shy away from geeky names, and go with poetic and practical. I M H O :D
RogerPerrin

I'm up to my old hat tricks again.

In my opinion, drop the "mu" thing. Sounds too much like a cow...MOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ofcourse, you could try MuCow.

Bonteburg wrote: Thalia might sound like a bookshop to a German speaking audience though :hihi:

indeed! :-o :shock:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

rogerperrin wrote: We used to dare each other to lick the mercury drops, of course I don't know of anyone who ever did. (and lived to tell) :hihi:
:lol:
So I'm thinking outside the KVR-box on this. KVRians are mostly sold on this concept and product already. So, IMHO, it would be better to shy away from geeky names, and go with poetic and practical. I M H O :D
Yeah...you're right on that one , didn't occur to me at all! STUDIOGOLD *is* a good name after all and your's is a pretty good case for it aiming at an "adult" market.

If it comes to any name other than LUNA, I very much lean towards MUSONIC or even better: MUSONIQUE.

Marco :)

How does MusoniQ / Musoniq strike you. Just at this moment I saw that IQ is hidden in the word, maybe Musoniq Studio? (multi-pun in english. other languages? I'm a moron outside of english.)

You know, Jo was more correct than I realized when he said it was difficult to come up with a good name. It's tough when you consider the dual ages interested in the product, and the multilingual aspects of an international market. Sheesh-Moneesh, Man!!! :-o :D
RogerPerrin

i like musonic better than mutracks.
but mutracks is so much better than a lot of the suggestions.
i was being pragmatic :D
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

SOUNDBYTES

SOUNDCHECK

SOUNDTRACKS

SOUNDSTAGE

SOUNDER

MACH ONE

???????? Any opinions :D :D
RogerPerrin

None of these that trigger me.

Currently breeding on Luna - MuSonic - MuTracks

I've added MuTracks to the options list, so you can vote for it if you want.

Jo, I could honestly be sold on any of the 3 you mention above - all excellent choices.

LUNA does have a simple, elegant beauty about it.

Biased as I am, I'm beginning to see the light about LUNA. It has a serene poetic quality that implies that it isn't going to be harsh to learn or a bone-jarring blaster to control - excellent qualities for newbies.

Very non-geeky and fresh - worth repeating - Very non-geeky and fresh!!

I can see LUNA reaching a new market segment. hmmmm, thinking.... If we were to start the vote anew, what would I pick?? hmmmmmm, thinking.... :D :D :D :D
RogerPerrin

Actually, I quite like "M". Don't like "Luna". sounds like lunatic.

What about "Studio M" ?

Return to “MUTOOLS”