LUNA Free Beta 5

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote:I want to decide myself which plugins get opened.
it was like that in muzys and it was a major pain to add plugins, especially if you had a lot and in subfolders...

Newbie Brad wrote:I wonder can it run Mobius looper (zonemobius.com)? I need that. I might have some beta trouble in the latest Mobius itself, I'll try to make sure.
It loads fine here, no problem.

muzycian wrote:
It's up to you to decide when you want to scan.

Think that's a good thing.

I fully agree - I just asked because I thought this might give a hint about what's going wrong... :)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:Granite.dll caused Luna to crash...
Loads fine here.

That's already a handful of plugs, all working ok here, but causing various problems on various systems :?

I think the only way to clear this out is by cross-checking these plugs.

I mean: Please try out the plugs of which someone reports a problem.
Does it have a problem on your system too? Or does it run fine?

So in the end we should know: is it the plug or is it Luna?

Please let us know, so we can clear out this spooky situation.

i would love it if luna resumed the window layout it had the last time it was open.

jens wrote:
muzycian wrote: Now i restarted and ran the scan again, and LUNA properly said "x seems to cause a problem...", and it started scanning all over again (that's the bad thing) but it did skip the crash plugin (messaging "x already in database")(that's the good thing).
that's strange :?
In beta 6, the scan log window also indicates whether a plugin is ignored, e.g.

"x already in database (ignored plugin)"

> DiGiT < wrote:i would love it if luna resumed the window layout it had the last time it was open.
Huh? Doesn't it?

How does it appear then?

Which platform do you work on?

windows. it reverts back to its normal starting configuration. maybe it has something to do with the settings not being saved? (the bad plugins that arent remembered)

+I hope copy & paste at MIDI Sequence.
+I use "Set Loop Length".but,I can't chenge start position to zero position.
+You can chenge,I press stop to "all notes stop".Free beta 5 can't stop midi long note to audio output never at midi data don't Note off.

I'm japanise.sorry... :cry:

-----
myspace.com
http://www.myspace.com/theoryofconstraints
http://www.myspace.com/kubohisa

> DiGiT < wrote:windows. it reverts back to its normal starting configuration. maybe it has something to do with the settings not being saved? (the bad plugins that arent remembered)
Is that always the case, or only when there was a plug crash?

I mean: Do the windows keep their positions/sizes if you have quit LUNA normally?

no sorry.

muzycian wrote:
Newbie Brad wrote:Luna wouldn't scan lots of my plugins.
Which ones it doesn't scan?

Do you get crashes while scanning these plugins?

I did get crashes the first 4-5 times I tried to run Luna, then the big scan went better, then not at all.
There's some popping when I change presets of different VSTs
I assume this is plugin dependent.

Not sure. I recall one set of VSTs that this happened especially with Kjaerhus.
I wonder can it run Mobius looper (zonemobius.com)? I need that. I might have some beta trouble in the latest Mobius itself, I'll try to make sure.
Will check it out.
That's really very nice of you, thanks in advance. A GUI suggestion on PCs: on viewing VST menu in a rack slot, let the mouse reveal the rest of the list as well as the arrows and pageup/pagedown. NB

The new beta looks really nice!

I have a couple of comments:
1. I had the MIDI 1st-instrument-only problem too; is there supposed to be a place in the "new MIDI player" window to select the instrument for the channel, or is that supposed to be done somewhere else?

2. I'm not quite sure what the "start" button/dragger is supposed to do. Right now, if I have a loop mark in the note edior and I move the start marker, then the loops seems to loops that much further past the loop marker. Is that what it is supposed to do? Also, if I move the start marker while the loop is playing, then the volume of the loop starts increasing with each loop iteration and I have to stop it.

3. I confess that the whole "focused part follows player" set of checkboxes I found rather confusing. If you want something like "the drop-box is the template for the currently selected object" the it makes sense to me that the current MIDI in should have its own "object" and when you select that, then you can use the choice box to select the player for it. It could be below the tracks somewhere. (was that how Muzys did it?)

Also, I have some items for the feature wish-list:
1. An option to have the notes play when you initially place them in the note editor window.

2. Some color differentiation between rows in the note editor; one scheme that looks really nice to me is to have each black note's row be a slightly darker shade.

Right now I'm trying to boot up Luna and it's hanging on the splashs screen...I don't know why...

Thanks!

Newbie Brad wrote:
I wonder can it run Mobius looper (zonemobius.com)? I need that. I might have some beta trouble in the latest Mobius itself, I'll try to make sure.
Will check it out.
That's really very nice of you, thanks in advance.

Not sure if you saw my message already: Mobius loads fine here!

Does it also work fine on your system?

A GUI suggestion on PCs: on viewing VST menu in a rack slot, let the mouse reveal the rest of the list as well as the arrows and pageup/pagedown. NB
You can indeed use the mousewheel.

And from beta 6 on, there is also a clear scrollbar for longer lists :)

Two more things:
1. I found the "close" button to be in an awkward position. Several times when fussing with the start button/marker, I accidentally closed the window entirely.

2. The position bar cannot be place at, or before, the start marker, it has to be at least halfway into the start button. Is that correct behavior?

Return to “MUTOOLS”