Slight issue with the level meters

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They seem to behave kind of erraticaly, ie, they seem pretty much random to me.
I made a test sequence with only a four to floor kick drum, every note at 127. Yet, the meters would go up all the way sometimes and not even come close to it at other times. This seems to be completely random, that is, it's not always the first note of every bar or something.
Also this happens consistently with al my plugs, so it must be on Luna's side.

Marco :)

edit typo..

That's strange :?

I repeated the same test, but get a steady level meter, pumping up with every beat, smoothly decaying down between beats.

I tried different buffersizes of my Delta1010 soundcard to see whether that makes a difference, but it doesn't make a difference.

I also tried on as well OSX as Windows, both gave me a normal level meter.

And the song position line moves smoothly, right?

Which soundcard are you using?

Which VSTI to produce the kickdrum?

Anyone else having this issue?

your kick isnt LOUD enough

That's on an M-Audio Delta 2496, OSX 10.3..

This is a strange one. Looks like it's kind of marked with everything sample based (especially RMIV, but also SR 202). It's not so marked with Claw and it's practically non existent with CM101 , not that I tried it with all synths yet.
I also get it with copies of the same audiofile lined up in the composer window,
When I mix it all down to file you can't see it, you mix down n snare hits at the same velocity, that's what you get. So it's not really "bad" as it doesn't seem to affect the sound or anything.
It's just the meters.

Marco :)

arent modern digital meters rendered according to a refresh rate? could it be that the refresh rate is just picking levels from a slice of time where they arent constant?

I also tried SR202, but don't see a level meter problem.

The level meters take every single sample into account, and are refreshed at 50Hz!
So you won't miss a thing!

Bonte, could you think of a way of making a video recording of it, and email/upload that?

DiGiT, do you see smooth level meters on your system?

yes i do... and it was only my best guess... sorry if it was wrong.

Return to “MUTOOLS”