Midi question

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm doing a bunch of experimenting with Luna at work and I don't have a midi keyboard.

I'm on OSX and am wondering if there is a midi-plugin that will allow me to click on a virtual keyboard to input notes into a Luna sequence? You guys know of anything?

Thanks to all the Lunatics!

So far, all I can find for OS X is this:

http://www.manyetas.com/creed/midikeys.html

Did you try midikeys?

Does it properly work?

It triggers a vsti (Absynth) ok, but I can't record any notes into the sequence! :cry:

Also, Luna does recognize midikeys as a midi input. Strange that it doesn't "hear" the notes when it comes to recording a sequence.

I have always preferred v.m.k (virtual midikeyboard) to midikeys (which is sometimes a bit buggy)

http://www.fredrikolofsson.com/pages/code-apps.html

It has not been updated for a while but still works great in the latest version of Tiger. I just tried recording notes into Luna with v.m.k and had no problems. Let me know if you need help setting it up.

Just tried midikeys and, again, I had no problems recording notes into Luna.

Quick setup guide:

1. Open midikeys or v.m.k
2. Open Luna
3. Select Edit>Midi Setup>input port 1>v.m.k (or midikeys)
4. Draw sequence part in an empty track
5. Select Instrument in appropriate rack (I used Free Alpha)
6. Hit record making sure note button is selected (below record button)
7. Stop record and give part a name - part wih notes appears in track below the track you selected originally

Hope this helps.

Calum wrote: 6. Hit record making sure note button is selected (below record button)

Hope this helps.
That was the ticket! :) Didn't know about the little button. :oops:

Good to hear you are up and running. If you get a chance, try out v.m.k and let me know how you think it compares to midikeys. There is also a PC (and OS9) version of v.m.k available, so if you work cross-platform you can keep your note input method consistant.

Return to “MUTOOLS”