Sound On Sound September 2007: Freeware Sequences & Editors

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SOS have a six page feature on freeware sequencers, which includes LUNA Free. The feature focuses on those applications that are "easy to get into, yet capable enough to accomplish a variety of serious musical tasks".

The line up was:
Kristal Audio Engine: audio only.
SEQ24: MIDI only (no audio).
LUNA Free: "surprisingly capable". It covers the rack-based routing, "recording is a little unusual", moans a little about the custom file selector dialogue and calls the audio editing "basic", warming to the more featureful MIDI editing. It touches briefly on the modular plugin area, concluding: "Overall, LUNA Free is the most versatile of the three sequencers under scrutiny here, offering both audio and MIDI support, plus routing possibilities that occasionally rival those in the shareware powerhouse Reaper."

The author was Martin Walker, SOS's PC guru.

Not bad! :D

That's very nice and encouraging :)

Working on MU.LAB beta 1!

I didn't know there was a SEQ24 on Windows. I've played with it on Linux. It's definitely a great and unique sequencer. Simple (once you figure it out) with a ton of power and possibilities. Good to see it get some press.
TIME IS WHAT KEEPS EVERYTHING FROM HAPPENING ALL AT ONCE.

Jo, when you ship MU.LAB beta 1, drop a note to Martin Walker @ SOS. The SOS bunch seem generally approachable and he'll probably give you another mention in the next available edition (by which time maybe we'll have a released version ;)).

Good idea!

Though i'll only dare to mail him once we got a new stable version. (a lot has changed under the hoods!)

i wait my copy of LUNA , it 's LONG!!!! :(

MUTOOLS did not yet receive a payment notification from Share-It.

So if you're sure that there is something wrong, it's best that you contact Share-It at this point.

Return to “MUTOOLS”