Problem with drum kits

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can't figure out how to make drum kit plugins that I've downloaded work.

I play on the editor keyboard but no sound comes out.

I imagine it's somthing simple that I'm doing wrong, I haven't used mulabs in a while. I don't have any problem with other synth pluggins though.

Are there some simple things that I could be doing wrong?

Thanks,

John

Hey John,

Some questions so to better understand the situation:

Which MU.LAB version do you use?

What drum kit plugin did you download?

mutools wrote:Hey John,

I'm using 2.5.11

I tried a couple of kits. The last one was "DSK Drumz Akoustik.

It has started to work now, I don't understand what I did to make it work. As best I can remember, it wasn't working, I played the other tracks that I had, and then it started working with them. Does that make any sense?

John

johnjaypl wrote:
mutools wrote:Hey John,

I'm using 2.5.11
It's recommended to update to MU.LAB 2.7:

http://www.mutools.com/downloads.html

Also note that soon MU.LAB 3 will be released.
I tried a couple of kits. The last one was "DSK Drumz Akoustik.

It has started to work now, I don't understand what I did to make it work. As best I can remember, it wasn't working, I played the other tracks that I had, and then it started working with them. Does that make any sense?
Well, the essence is that it works now, right?

If you got any more questions, please ask.

Yes, it's working now. I'll update to the latest version.

I have another problem. I don't seem to be able to drag a new sequene open. There seems to be some trick to that. I can cut and paste old ones though so I'm not dead in the water.

johnjaypl wrote:Yes, it's working now. I'll update to the latest version.

I have another problem. I don't seem to be able to drag a new sequene open. There seems to be some trick to that. I can cut and paste old ones though so I'm not dead in the water.
What do you mean with "to drag a new sequene open"?

Do you want to copy a sequence part?

Then hold [Ctrl] while dragging the part.

I mean when I want to create a new sequenc part, it doesn't seem to work for me. I drag a "box" (I don't know what you call it) where I want a new sequence part but it doesn't ask ( the audio or sequence part question)

If I copy an old sequence part it works.

In MU.LAB 2.x, make sure you have a pencil tool when you want to draw a new part. Does this help?

mutools wrote:In MU.LAB 2.x, make sure you have a pencil tool when you want to draw a new part. Does this help?
Sometimes I can't seem to make the pencil tool appear. This also happens when I want to edit a sequence. Is there some trick to calling up the pencil tool?

John

In MU.LAB 2.7, you have a mouse tool box at the bottom right of the composer. You can select the pencil tool there.

mutools wrote:In MU.LAB 2.7, you have a mouse tool box at the bottom right of the composer. You can select the pencil tool there.
Ahhhhh that's a big help! Thanks

John

A new problem seems to have cropped up. I have 4 tracks of midi and one wav track. Sometimes when I mute a track it doesn't come back when I un-mute it. Even stranger sometimes some of the "notes" on the track come back but others don't. For example, I have a midi track with snare drum and bass drum. Sometimes the snare comes back but the bass doesn't. The high hats, which are on another track don't seem to come back when they get lost.

I upgraded to 2.7. This wierd behavior didn't go away.

I might be muting while mulabs is playing, could that contribute to the problem.

Any thoughts?

John

Check if the appropriate rack mixer and track are both unmuted.

Branis wrote:Check if the appropriate rack mixer and track are both unmuted.
I'll take a look next time it happens but I don't think that's it. I have a midi track with snare and bass drum parts both going to the same rack, same vsti. Sometimes the snare comes back but the bass drum doesn't.

johnjaypl wrote:
Branis wrote:Check if the appropriate rack mixer and track are both unmuted.
I'll take a look next time it happens but I don't think that's it. I have a midi track with snare and bass drum parts both going to the same rack, same vsti. Sometimes the snare comes back but the bass drum doesn't.
If you think there is something wrong with MU.LAB, feel free to narrow down the composition so that it only contains the problematic part(s) and email it to me, together with a step-by-step description of how to repeat the issue.

Return to “MUTOOLS”