user controls making in MUlab

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to construct a slider ( user control ) in Mulab in the rack area for controlling parameters?

is possible to use a keyboard for controling a parameter ?

I saw a tutorial where the pitch modulation is controlled by a keyboard and the slider at the same time is folllowing this

janamdo wrote:Is it possible to construct a slider ( user control ) in Mulab in the rack area for controlling parameters?
Why not use the parameter knob itself?
is possible to use a keyboard for controling a parameter ?

I saw a tutorial where the pitch modulation is controlled by a keyboard and the slider at the same time is folllowing this
Sure: Right-click a parameter -> Map MIDI Controller.

Why not use the parameter knob itself?
i don't want to use the keyboard modulation knob , but use a slider in MUlab itself

Sure: Right-click a parameter -> Map MIDI Controller.
What midi controller number connect a parameter to the keys of the keyboard itself?

Ah, with parameter knob he's refering to the knobs within MU.LAB! They are the same thing as a slider, but as a dial.
I know what you mean, though, but it really comes down to the same thing. The knobs are already there, you can already hook up any parameter to a knob. I wouldn't be shocked if you can already record all of them, too. The option to say that you want a slide as opposed to a knob is pretty good, though. Why not.

As for mapping MIDI controllers. You can map any controller of your keyboard to (almost) any parameter you wish. If you know the name of your keyboards controller, you can easily pick it. For example Modulation Wheel, or Aftertouch. Once you open the requester... well, man, I'm totally sure this is in the docs, haha. It's worth it for you to look through them, too. I'm skipping over the docs all too often myself. But it always makes a nicer user, to try to find out what you want yourself first and only when all fails go and ask. I'm trying to get there myself, too, hahaha... ;)

Taron wrote:Ah, with parameter knob he's refering to the knobs within MU.LAB! They are the same thing as a slider, but as a dial.
I know what you mean, though, but it really comes down to the same thing. The knobs are already there, you can already hook up any parameter to a knob. I wouldn't be shocked if you can already record all of them, too. The option to say that you want a slide as opposed to a knob is pretty good, though. Why not.
Take for example a musession ..
There are 3 automations done. The volume knobs and send hall effect knob are direct visible in the composingscreen, but the pitch modulation knob not
(it is hidden in de modular area with more screens)

It should be handy to collect those controller knobs (you drag your wanted knob from a module or .. ) to the composerscreen and you do have also the freedom to transform a knob in a slider
Suppose i want to do also something with a filter than i drag the filter knop to the composingscreen

Oversight yes :)

janamdo wrote:Suppose i want to do also something with a filter than i drag the filter knop to the composingscreen
That's on the whishlist ;)

Jo, I really don't mean to be a smartypants... but I keep seeing this and wonder if that's some inside joke or a simple mistake. It's "wish"... making it a "wishlist". But I like whish, too. Ever watched family guy? :D

Anyway, if it's an inside joke... I'm game, too! ;)

I think that means that was "already" on the wishlist.. :scared:

Taron wrote:Jo, I really don't mean to be a smartypants... but I keep seeing this and wonder if that's some inside joke or a simple mistake. It's "wish"... making it a "wishlist". But I like whish, too. Ever watched family guy? :D

Anyway, if it's an inside joke... I'm game, too! ;)
Oops, ok, wishlist, wishlist, wishlist. Ok, hope i got it now.

I'm not native english, thanks for the correction.

Juan Mendoza wrote:I think that means that was "already" on the wishlist.. :scared:
Euh, what do you mean Juan? I think i'm missing the point.

Hahaha...no need to stretch this thing out, I think! :lol:

...it's been on the whishlist for a long time already, but now it's on the wishlist, too! :D

Tsss...but it certainly is a good entry. Reminds me, I'm thinking about making a fun little skin for MU.LAB, if we have a rainy day here again. Happens more often the hell freezing over, but eh... it takes great pressure away from me to make that a condition, hahaha!

Return to “MUTOOLS”