Using a multi-out VSTi within a rack

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote:
sunhome wrote:
Is it really that easy? :)

Do the outputs appear automagically? For example do 8 out's just show when Microtonic is inserted? And 16 when Drummax is inserted?
Yep! :)
Clap Clap Clap - :)

How do you unplug the wires/cables/connection once you make them, it did not seem intuitive as I tried a right mouse click once & a double left mouse click to unplug.

Also first time in MUX Deep Editor :) not sure what the event input/output were for?

Regards, James
Last edited by sunhome on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Connections happen at the little triangles, so you right-click the triangle - not the wire - to get the context menu that lets you disconnect two modules.

Events are things like MIDI Note On or Continuous Controller messages. So if you want to use those in your patch, you need to wire up the Event connections.

Ok, I tried the MUX method with MicroTonic multi-out version, and it works. BUT trying the same in the session modular area, I only get sound from the first output. Is there something missing or is it a bug? Just an empty session with MicroTonicMulti inserted in Rack 1 and all outputs connected to Master, only the first output is heard:

so, any answers why the above setup is not working as expected?

Just for testing purposes, can you add Mixer Strips between the multi-outs and the Master rack in, open them all up and then see whether they're showing any signal level? That'll confirm there should be something arriving at the Master rack in from all the outs.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

It works fine here though.

Anywone else having issues with multi out VSTs in the Modular Session Area?

pljones wrote:Just for testing purposes, can you add Mixer Strips between the multi-outs and the Master rack in, open them all up and then see whether they're showing any signal level? That'll confirm there should be something arriving at the Master rack in from all the outs.
Yes that's a good idea!

i've setup Poise with multiple outputs in the MPA (if that's how it's still called) in Mulab 3.1.25 and it works flawlessly.

Goratrix, are you sure you've made the correct settings inside MicroTonic itself? sorry for the silly question, but i've had some redfaced moments in the past with not properly setting my multi-out plugins, so i suggest you check everything once again. :]
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

mutools wrote:Sorry for the delayed reply.

It works fine here though.
Multi-out VST in general or did you try it specifically with uTonic?
pljones wrote:Just for testing purposes, can you add Mixer Strips between the multi-outs and the Master rack in, open them all up and then see whether they're showing any signal level? That'll confirm there should be something arriving at the Master rack in from all the outs.
I tried it, and there is no audio signal showing in the strips. But the oscilloscope in uTonic is showing activity, so it's getting the MIDI and generating sound, but it's not coming out of the other outputs.
bpblog wrote:Goratrix, are you sure you've made the correct settings inside MicroTonic itself?
There are no additional settings in uTonic, and as I said, it works ok when doing the same setup in MUX.

I tried µTonic (multi-out version) both in the Modular Session Area as in the MUX, all working fine here, no probs.

The fact that you don't see any level meters go up down when connected to the µTonic outs means that the audio does not come out of µTonic and so i think you'll have to search for a reason there.

I also don't see a reason why there would be a difference between the MSA and the MUX.

ok, thanks, will investigate further :)

Please keep us posted, curious for the reason.

One thing more I thought of trying: use copy and paste to copy the working plugin from MUX to MSA and see if that makes any difference (and vice versa).

pljones wrote:One thing more I thought of trying: use copy and paste to copy the working plugin from MUX to MSA and see if that makes any difference (and vice versa).
heh, copy-pasting from MUX did work :) and what's interesting, after that, if I add a new uTonic into the modular area and connect its outputs to Master, that works too...

the only case when it doesn't work is when I do the following:

- create New Session
- add MicroTonicMulti into the first slot of Rack1
- switch to modular view
- manually connect the additional outputs to Master (the first output is connected by default)

in that case, only the first output is heard.

Goratrix wrote:the only case when it doesn't work is when I do the following:

- create New Session
- add MicroTonicMulti into the first slot of Rack1
- switch to modular view
- manually connect the additional outputs to Master (the first output is connected by default) in that case, only the first output is heard.
Switch to which modular view? To the Modular Session Area?

I don't get it for if you put the VST into a rack then it's not available in the MSA. (as it's in the rack)

Return to “MUTOOLS”