FR: Previewing files...

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there.

What I really like about the "big Sequencer" ones, is the ability to preview wavs, rex files and midifiles in song context...

Wouldn't it be possible to integrate somewhat like an filebrowser with drag'n drop and the option to audition files (midifiles sending the data to the track with focus on) with a "start on bar" autoplay function...

Rex files would be not so important, because there are many plugins able to do so, but I didn't find something for midifiles...

Trancit

I tried to make a workaround for the FR I've started (midi browser with preview in sync function)...

I built up a track with a synth on, played a loop of eight bars and opened a normal windows folder to drag midifiles from there directly on the track...this worked quite well, but many comercial midi files have tempo information embbeded and that sucks, everytime the loop reaches bar 1 and increase or decrease the tempo like a glide in the sound...

Most hosts I know, shows a message after draggin, if you want to insert the tempo change or ignore it...and something like this, or better a global option would be perfect...

I see what you mean.

I now also see why you posted it in the other topic as it was related to the tempo events issue. Sorry about that, guess i need some sleep ;)

On topic: i have ideas about a browser/previewer, hope to integrate it in the M4 dev cycle, but can't promise anything yet.

That would be very nice... 8)

Trancit

Return to “MUTOOLS”