Problems with VST loading

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Sylenth1 v2.2 installed in the:
VST\Sylenth1 folder

I have Sylenth1 v2.21 beta installed in the:
VST\Sylenth1_Betas\Sylenth1_Beta221 folder.

MU.LAB will not load the 2.21 beta version. Even if I drag and Drop it in a Rack it will still load the original v2.2.

I then deleted the Xml file and rescanned the VST folder. Same issue.
I then redeleted the Xml file and loaded the two version one at the time in different racks. Same issue.

I went to XT, Orion, FL, no problem...... Reaper(same as Mu.Lab).

What's cooking? Maybe MuLab is looking also in the registry? :help: :cry:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I think the problem is that you have 2 VST plugins with exact the same name in the VST plugin database. That's causing the confusion.

And what happen if u simply uninstall v2.2?
The 2 dll have the same name?

Simon Posford wrote:And what happen if u simply uninstall v2.2?
I think uninstalling uses the directory to get to the file.
I can not change the name of the dll, so if you can, you could adjust MU.LAB behavior.
Is it possible? I not, it's not a big deal, it's a very rare situation and probably I should just go with one of them. The beta seems quite stable.
Thank you.

I use a different system and different everything, however, all I do is simply change the name of one of the DLL's, as suggested above, and all the vst's become visible.

liquidsound wrote: I can not change the name of the dll
Why not? I had the same situation with some plugins of which I installed both 32-bit and 64-bit versions and had the same issue with another host (obviously since MU.LAB is only 32-bit) and I managed to load them both by renaming one of them :)

liquidsound wrote:
Simon Posford wrote:And what happen if u simply uninstall v2.2?
I think uninstalling uses the directory to get to the file.
I can not change the name of the dll, so if you can, you could adjust MU.LAB behavior.
Is it possible? I not, it's not a big deal, it's a very rare situation and probably I should just go with one of them. The beta seems quite stable.
Thank you.
I agree it's a rare situation.

Please find a workaround by renaming the DLL (if possible) or by choosing 1 of them.

Nielzie wrote:
liquidsound wrote: I can not change the name of the dll
Why not? I had the same situation with some plugins of which I installed both 32-bit and 64-bit versions and had the same issue with another host (obviously since MU.LAB is only 32-bit) and I managed to load them both by renaming one of them :)
I did change the name of the dll but somehow yesterday with all that mess didn't load.
Today after a major cleanup it DID WORK!

I was surprised too, but hey, yesterday was out of order :shrug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”