slip-editing sequenzes

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed that covering a sequenze by a other works only one -way ?
Why not in two directions...

I'm sorry but i don't understand what you mean. Can you please elaborate.

mutools wrote:I'm sorry but i don't understand what you mean. Can you please elaborate.
Suppose one track with two sequenzes(unique copies)of random length
Can you cover (partly)the two sequenzes with eachother by dragging?
-case 1 : dragging leftsequenze to the right to cover the right sequenze (partly)
-case 2: dragging rightsequenze to left to cover the left sequenze (partly)

it works out that always the right sequenze is on top of the left sequenze
I want also that the left sequenze is on top ?

So by left or richt dragging i want slipediting (cover a sequenze)

Didn't know the word slip editing so looked it up, noticed a video explaining it in cubase. I don't see the relationship with overlaying parts. Besides this, what i saw on the video is not planned. (too many other wishes which are more important, but lets talk about that in a couple of weeks)

mutools wrote:Didn't know the word slip editing so looked it up, noticed a video explaining it in cubase. I don't see the relationship with overlaying parts. Besides this, what i saw on the video is not planned. (too many other wishes which are more important, but lets talk about that in a couple of weeks)
You alrerady have one direction working so it must be not that difficult( i hope for you )to get it working to both sides

Ok , well right now it is in MUlab possible to overlap a sequenze
I only want to overlap from left to right and from right to left that's all
I hope i make my idea now clear ..

IT ONLY WORKS ONE WAY( DIRECTION )NOW IN MULAB .. I LIKE TO WORK TO BOTH SIDES

(1)One way to overlap a sequenze is via slip editing
(2)The other way of overlapping a sequenze ... position a sequenze over a sequenze by dragging the whole sequenz
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragging the front and/or back borders of a pattern inward is called slip-editing--this hides portions of the pattern and mutes the sound from the hidden portions. You can drag the borders back out to expose the hidden portions and hear them again. If you drag the borders outward past the original boundaries of the pattern instead of inward, Project5 starts creating new repetitions of the pattern ("rolling-out"). You can "roll out" as many repetitions of the pattern as you want. All the repetitions stay in one container, or "instance," that you can move around as one unit, or do further slip-editing on. When you move the cursor over the front or back border of a pattern in the Arrange pane, the cursor changes to slip-editing or slip-copying mode (same thing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

janamdo wrote:
mutools wrote:Didn't know the word slip editing so looked it up, noticed a video explaining it in cubase. I don't see the relationship with overlaying parts. Besides this, what i saw on the video is not planned. (too many other wishes which are more important, but lets talk about that in a couple of weeks)
You alrerady have one direction working so it must be not that difficult( i hope for you )to get it working to both sides

(2)The other way of overlapping a sequenze ... position a sequenze over a sequenze by dragging the whole sequenz
Dragging the front and/or back borders of a pattern inward is called slip-editing--this hides portions of the pattern and mutes the sound from the hidden portions. You can drag the borders back out to expose the hidden portions and hear them again. If you drag the borders outward past the original boundaries of the pattern instead of inward, Project5 starts creating new repetitions of the pattern ("rolling-out"). You can "roll out" as many repetitions of the pattern as you want. All the repetitions stay in one container, or "instance," that you can move around as one unit, or do further slip-editing on. When you move the cursor over the front or back border of a pattern in the Arrange pane, the cursor changes to slip-editing or slip-copying mode (same thing)
You mean you like to eliminate the dragging action of the whole part from right to left and then go back to the end (Rightmost) and "Unroll", as you call it, to eventually get it as long as needed to both side.....
That must include the option to deal with the Part Start also which could interfere with the internal loop....

It gets a little tricky... :ud:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:
janamdo wrote:

You mean you like to eliminate the dragging action of the whole part from right to left and then go back to the end (Rightmost) and "Unroll", as you call it, to eventually get it as long as needed to both side.....
That must include the option to deal with the Part Start also which could interfere with the internal loop....

It gets a little tricky... :ud:

I know a picture is more informative than words in this case

You can pulling out a sequenze( slip editing) to cover a another sequenze(partly)
Or dragging the whole sequenze to cover a another sequenze(partly)

On this way you can rid off notes who you don't want to have for composing in the sequenze.

BUT it works in MUlab in only in one direction as you can see in the picture
Left and right covering of sequenzes must be possible !

janamdo wrote:I know a picture is more informative than words in this case
I'm sorry but i even don't understand the picture.
On this way you can rid off notes who you don't want to have for composing in the sequenze.
Why so? FYI: Overlapping parts are independent from eachother.

mutools wrote:
:lol: doesn't matter

See picture start with first track.
So if you make a track with two measures each ..try to overlap the two sequenzes from two directions ..what do you notice than ?

janamdo wrote:
mutools wrote:

So if you make a track with two measures each ..try to overlap the two sequenzes from two directions ..what do you notice than ?
I checked the calendar, I was thinking it's April 1 !!!
You must have a MU.LAB made by another Jo. Seriously .
The sequencers are independent from overlapping. In fact I'm creating some stuff based on overlapping parts on internal loops.
Maybe you could explain step by step from the very beginning....like sometime I do (Painfully to me and to others :hihi: )

liquidsound wrote:
janamdo wrote:
mutools wrote:

The sequencers are independent from overlapping. In fact I'm creating some stuff based on overlapping parts on internal loops.
Maybe you could explain step by step from the very beginning....like sometime I do (Painfully to me and to others :hihi: )
I am sorry i can't explain this more that i did before
There is a limit and overdone explaining things makes me not happy :lol:

Are you sure you've not set Composer's grid size to some large number?

janamdo wrote:
liquidsound wrote:
janamdo wrote:
mutools wrote:

I am sorry i can't explain this more that i did before
There is a limit and overdone explaining things makes me not happy :lol:
I should know better.... :roll:

My understanding of this is:

If you drag a sequence to to left it goes over the top of the previous sequence
If you drag a sequence to the right it goes under the next sequence

I think janamdo wants it to always go on top.

But it will always play all the notes in any overlapping sequence anyway. Is slip editing were it will only play the notes on the top most sequence?

In MU.LAB we have the great option of overlapping parts and to short them in order to mute them.
If you restrict the overlapping to mute then we loose a great feature.
I am writing something that takes advantage of this but it is not going to be ready for few days, at my best, to show some wild loop stuff.
Also with some crossfading you really don't want to mute them on overlapping.

Return to “MUTOOLS”