Midi out problem

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone!
I got a little problem that I do not understand how to solve.
I have version 3.0.43UL and a Crumar Bit99 as a master keyboard, which I paired with a USB MIDI interface.

If I create a new project I click on a track and select "USB MIDI" as the target module and the Bit99 is controlled and it is super mean.
The problem is that it does not always work.

The project I'm working on now is a problem.
I've been working with it for a couple of days and now I want to record some audio from the synthesizer, but when I select a new track and select the target module, the "usb midi" is not available as a target module.

If I save the project and create a brand new it works as it should.
I can not see what the problem is.
As i can see all the midi settings are the same in the old and the new project.

Midi in always works like a charm.

The song project is not important at all because it is a crappy song, but i really dont want this to happen if i ever do anything good.

Can somebody give me some input please?
Is it a bug?
Am i completely worthless and blind?

Thanks in advance
Robert

Make sure you have a MIDI output module in the Modular Area for each MIDI output port you've enabled.

When doing New Session, this is done automatically.

But when you have an existing session, and enable more MIDI ports afterwards, you need to add the new MIDI output ("Event Output") modules manually.

Hope this helps.

Today i learned something new.
That worked like a charm and i have now a lot more to experiment with.
Thank you so very much!

Regards!

Hi all!

I experience a similar problem, trying to let MU.LAB sequence play an external hardware synth through MIDI: I do not find this "MIDI Output" module in the Modular Area.

I'm running the latest version of MU.LAB under OS X 10.5.8 with an EDIROL UA-20 USB-MIDI interface. I've selected this interface for both MIDI input and output in the "MIDI Setup" menu.

Then I tried to assign the track to the MIDI output. I chose a MuSynth, deleted the synth core and tried to find any "MIDI Output" in the context menu of "Add Module". All I find is a MIDI channel splitter and an event input. There is nothing like an event output, or anything else that carries "MIDI" in it, or shows the symbol of a MIDI connector.

Am I doing sth wrong?

Christian

In the modular session area (MSA)
add module:
modules: input/output => look at Event Output..that is a midi out i think

[quote="janamdo"]In the modular session area (MSA)
add module:
modules: input/output => look at Event Output..that is a midi out i think[/quote]

Thank you … I didn't know yet about this modular *session* area. The event output seems to be the MIDI out. Unfortunately the "MIDI Port" menu of the "Event Output" module only shows the item "None". In the "Edit" => "MIDI Setup" menu, my USB-MIDI interface is still assigned to port 1 input and output.

I would be really thankful for some further help.

Christian

If you look at the midi setup menu and select a output port 1 and choose midi internal than this module : internal MIDI 1 (will show up as a midi output port)

It seems to me that Mulab must show your synth output in the menu as you connect the synth when you use a midi cable ?

My synth is connected through my USB-MIDI interface. In the midi setup menu, I've selected this USB-MIDI interface for input and output of port 1. (The name of the synth itself will probably not appear, MIDI isn't smart enough I guess).

Neither do I have the option "MIDI internal", nor do I see an "internal MIDI 1" output port.

I'm running MU.LAB on OS X 10.5.8.

Return to “MUTOOLS”