pencil tool in sequenze editor.. double click ?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At the moment you can see a mouse pointer in the sequenze editor for the editing notes and controllerdata and as selection tool

This is not handy (userunfriendly).. double clicking to let show the penciltool..and then constructing notes
I like to see immediately the pencil tool when i working in the note editing area or controller area and with one click is it possible to edit.

For use as selection tool it can stay as a pencil .. it can used for a rubber band to construct too

Double clicking is too much for me here. i makes me nervous here
If only the note and controler area shows the pencil tool and the other parts of the screen a mousepointer that's ok

Otherwise Mutools must consider to extend the leftbox in the note editor with a selection tool(1), note tool(2) and automatiomtool(3)

You can still use One Click Note Creation by pressing Ctrl.

I do like it better with one click as it used to be, it's smoother, faster and one hand operation.
There is a chance in the future to regain that One Click as I understand without modifying anything else as it is perfect as it is now IMHO.

I understand your point about the Pencil, you may be right on that one, unless I'm missing something. I am not in front of MU.LAB right now....
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:You can still use One Click Note Creation by pressing Ctrl.

I do like it better with one click as it used to be, it's smoother, faster and one hand operation.
There is a chance in the future to regain that One Click as I understand without modifying anything else as it is perfect as it is now IMHO.

I understand your point about the Pencil, you may be right on that one, unless I'm missing something. I am not in front of MU.LAB right now....
I get tired also from this one Ctrl too :uhuhuh: )
So the penciltool is showing up default only for the note and controller area if you position the mouse cursor on this two areas (hoover around is that the right expression?)
I want use also the pencil toolfor rubber banding (why not)
Easy..easy

janamdo wrote:
liquidsound wrote:You can still use One Click Note Creation by pressing Ctrl.

I get tired also from this one Ctrl too :uhuhuh: )
So the penciltool is showing up default only for the note and controller area if you position the mouse cursor on this two areas (hoover around is that the right expression?)
I want use also the pencil toolfor rubber banding (why not)
Easy..easy
I guess is more complicated to adjust when you robber-band or want to write notes. It may depend upon the direction of the movement of the mouse, I'm not sure, but then you can no longer select from left to right because the pencil would then writing notes.
You will need then a modifier key to select. So it is matter of priority on which it's more a default choice. I still like the one click but how to accommodate...?
I need to see the key editor....

liquidsound wrote:I guess is more complicated to adjust when you robber-band or want to write notes. It may depend upon the direction of the movement of the mouse, I'm not sure, but then you can no longer select from left to right because the pencil would then writing notes.
You will need then a modifier key to select. So it is matter of priority on which it's more a default choice. I still like the one click but how to accommodate...?
I need to see the key editor....
Yes ,of course you are right than i must live with Ctrl + pencil
It works also acceptable after closer looking at it for me.

It works not so intuitive , because my idea someone must click here for drawing notes with a note editor in front of me
You can easily be set on the wrong leg here as user, as you think that you must double click for note construction, but after while i get tired of this and get the desire to chance this.
But that's not the workflow here ..someone must use a modifier key here

Now it is good working for me with the Ctrl key + pencil tool

So i am finished with this topic ..thanks :)

It would be an enhancement if there was an preference option to draw a new note based on the last note's length. It save time and allow for speed and precision especially on on a zoom out display where it is difficult to stop at the right line for same length note repetition.
Possible?

Yes a good idea, also with a key modifier ( now you use Ctrl+ leftmouse ) for drawing notes
Shift+(Ctrl+LM ) = toggle grid off ..than you can free draw notes and copy them
Note: there was also in Mulab the possibillity to map a computer key to functions ?..Function Shortcuts

Snap on/off could be assigned to a computer key ?

Remark:
In the Edit Shortcuts list i do see a lot of functions ..

Return to “MUTOOLS”