Rack Slots

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Probably a FR but I think that when we have two vst's, each on a slot of a rack, If one is dragged on top of another it should just switch position or at least alert that the other vst in the slot is gonna be "lost", and with no undo. :cry:

I think the most neat solution is to make it an undoable action. Added on the wishlist. Until then i think the app should give an explicit alert like "Replace X? Yes - No". What do you think?

mutools wrote:I think the most neat solution is to make it an undoable action. Added on the wishlist. Until then i think the app should give an explicit alert like "Replace X? Yes - No". What do you think?
Could we have a modifier key to swap positions? That would be a neat little workflow touch IMO.

Another solution would be to have the one being deleted show up in the MSA so it could be used further down the line etc. That should be an easy thing to program.... I hope. (wasn't this done in a similar fashion in 2.7?)
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Then you'll end up with people with MuSessions full of random plugins they didn't know about, hiding out in the MSA...

pljones wrote:Then you'll end up with people with MuSessions full of random plugins they didn't know about, hiding out in the MSA...
True, but you will end up with something no matter what, and with people that do not read manuals and to which any solution is a 'I had no clue" situation.
I agree, it's not the most intuitive though.
Here is something funny:
In our market research and feedback we realized that, approximately, a design done in two different opposite way sales 50% as well as the other....
:shrug:

robenestobenz wrote:
mutools wrote:I think the most neat solution is to make it an undoable action. Added on the wishlist. Until then i think the app should give an explicit alert like "Replace X? Yes - No". What do you think?
Could we have a modifier key to swap positions? That would be a neat little workflow touch IMO.
I'm not eager about wildly adding modifier stuff here and there.

There must be a logic/consistency.
pljones wrote:Then you'll end up with people with MuSessions full of random plugins they didn't know about, hiding out in the MSA...
Yes, i agree.

Personally i think it's logical that, when moving rack slot A onto filled rack slot B, you get an alert in such specific situation. (until the action is undoable). I'm also thinking about newbies.

If you want to specifically swap plugin positions, you can do so by hand in 3 little steps. (X=A, A=B, B=X)

If you want to push the original plug to the MSA, you can cut-paste it there.

So everything is possible in a fairly quick and obvious way, without cryptic/hidden methods :)
Last edited by mutools on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

liquidsound wrote:Here is something funny:
In our market research and feedback we realized that, approximately, a design done in two different opposite way sales 50% as well as the other....
No sure if i understand this sentence but does this mean it doesn't matter too much how you design something?

mutools wrote:
liquidsound wrote:Here is something funny:
No sure if i understand this sentence but does this mean it doesn't matter too much how you design something?
No. As long you refrain to go into extremes and the mass polarization of paradigm induced taste is stretched.
In that case it's only through marketing manipulation that this can be influenced with expected results.
In my field this is consistent, and I mean 90% of the time.
We can not implement marketing and we go straight to the public and the results are 50/50 no matter what design was choose! And so seems to be in voting too.... maybe....
We target of course large consumers areas and that gives you this average. In your case... you need to know your sales and feedback but that's another department full time business!
You will see the pattern! :shock:

+1

Thanks for listening

Return to “MUTOOLS”