What will be the new features and enhancements in M4 ?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Jo,

I've noticed that the MuLab 4 R&D progressbar on the MUTOOLS website is already at around 80% or so. Good to see things are going well on the development front :)

I'm very curious about what new features and enhancements M4 will give us. Could you already give us some info please on things that you are already certain of that will be in there and are already/almost finished or is it still too early?

The main focus in M4 is a serious development of the modular sound engine.
Many new options and nice enhancements.

One of the highlights certainly is the MuDrum, a prefactored drum device, which can even be used for melodic adventures.
The MuDrum can do sample-based sounds (that's the instant way of working) but can also do virtual analog (drum)sounds, and you can combine all that togther.
It has 12 drum pads per drum set, each pad can have its own effects, and all pads can be routed to 1 of 4 common racks. Really, it's a very fun and effective tool.

There are more new things in M4 but to be honnest i don't know all of them out of the head. I'll assemble a neat "M4 What's New" doc when R&D has finished.

I hope to be able to give concrete answers by the end of september/beginning october. So please give it a couple of weeks more patience. Sorry it all takes so long!

Cfr the progressbar, the end of the M4 R&D is definitely getting closer.
Once the R&D has finished, then a test version will be distributed. First a private test version, then a public test version. ETA: October.

Meanwhile the factory library will be further extended, the docs will be upgraded, youtube tutorials must be created etc. All in parrallel with serious testing and polishing.

Estimated M4 release = December.

Hope this already gives you some answers :)

mutools wrote: Hope this already gives you some answers :)
Yes it surely does :) Thanks a lot for the info. The MuDrum sounds very promising 8) Really looking forward to it.

Will the effects also get some enhancements, like the equalizer?

Good luck!

Which equalizer do you mean? The "Parametric EQ" patch?
How would you like to see it improved?

Will it finally have multicore processing and 64 bit versions? (a plugin version would also be cool)

Will be answered when the public test version is ready.

mutools wrote:Which equalizer do you mean? The "Parametric EQ" patch?
Yes that's the one I mean. I think (so imho) every DAW should at least have a decent basic (but not too basic) EQ onboard to put on the (t)racks. Don't you think?

More bands, filter types, a more graphical approach would be nice to see the frequency spectrum, etc. :)

Nielzie wrote:
mutools wrote:Which equalizer do you mean? The "Parametric EQ" patch?
Yes that's the one I mean. I think (so imho) every DAW should at least have a decent basic (but not too basic) EQ onboard to put on the (t)racks. Don't you think?
Sure. It's there! Maybe i miss your point?
More bands, filter types, a more graphical approach would be nice to see the frequency spectrum, etc. :)
A more sexy gui would be nice indeed.

Regarding more bands etc: You can use a MUX to combine many filters/EQs and save it as your favorite one. Remember that the MUX is a very flexible thing!!

mutools wrote:
A more sexy gui would be nice indeed.

Regarding more bands etc: You can use a MUX to combine many filters/EQs and save it as your favorite one. Remember that the MUX is a very flexible thing!!
Yes I understand that the MUX is very powerfull and all, but also still quite complex, which is actually my point:

The EQ at this point is a little tóó basic in its current form, even for people who don't have the need to dive into the modular engine, imo of course therefore it would be nice to have such an EQ right out of the box.

MULAB is aimed to be easy and fast to use for "beginners" or people that want results fast, but complex/flexible and technical behind the surface for people that look for customization and deep possibilities. At least that's what I always thought and why I always recommend it to beginners :)

I understand your point.

Return to “MUTOOLS”