M4 Test

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Much better... I think that's a good idea to default to 150 bars or whatever it is, as I usually adjust from there but starting around that length is perfect for me. Only thing I would (dare I) ask for though is the scrolling stays on or off. I created some markers which let me use the arrow keys to navigate the 150 bars, but as soon as I change the resolution I have to keep resetting the scroll? I'm possibly pushing my luck on this but hey, I'm close to where I'd like it to be as I have evrything else pretty much set up as far as my base template! Thanks for being so responsive!

P.S. I liked to old BIG number on the transport... seemed to be appropriate for the task??? (to me) :)

Just a detail on the Grid panel bottom right, is it feasible to change the grid value with the Mouse Wheel as in the Tempo display?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

DHR53 wrote:
P.S. I liked to old BIG number on the transport... seemed to be appropriate for the task??? (to me) :)
Me too!
However i dont see a way to integrate it in the new streamlined top pannel, that IMO looks and works much better than the old one.

DHR53 wrote:I'm possibly pushing my luck on this but hey, I'm close to where I'd like it to be as I have evrything else pretty much set up as far as my base template!
I've taken note on the WL to make a preference for this.
Can't give a timing on it though.
M4.0.111 has a bigger font than M4.0.110.
If it's not big enough, you can always edit the skin!
See Transport.Xml -> PositionDisplay -> Fontsize -> Try a number up to 32.

liquidsound wrote:Just a detail on the Grid panel bottom right, is it feasible to change the grid value with the Mouse Wheel as in the Tempo display?
Good idea, taken note.

I have troubles with the audio slicer. The function "Import sample loop" doesn't behave as described in the Mulab Doc : it doesn't insert the sample on the composer, but create a MultiSampla and a midi part.
So it's impossible to adjust the locators that have been automaticaly set, and refresh the midi part. If I drag and drop the audio file, sometimes it creates a MultiSampla and a midi part, sometimes a audio part on the composer (maybe due to the sample lenght ???

And I can't find the "Update Sliced Sample Part" anywhere...

I use Mulab 4.0.111 XT.

Edit : I have found "Update Sliced Sample Part" in the Note Zone windows, but it's impossible to open the Audio Lab from here ????

I must have miss something...
Last edited by pquenin on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I like the graphical improvements !! ..the name MULAB ..good! ..promote yourself
For the virtual keyboard is it possible to add a latch function .. so you can hold somenotes as you like.. to form a chord.

Now it is possible to attract young people who like the make music every where

Hmmm... is the top panel smaller? I didn't notice that. One version the numbers were about 36pt. type and the next they were 8pt type. That seems mighty drastic, what was the reason for that change?

And, maybe I'm the only one, but screen scrolling should be either on or off. Isn't this necessary to jump to markers with the keyboard? Like I can't jump to the markers without autoscrolling on, right? :?:

I have been looking on Mulab 4 for the first time and i really bike what im seeing.
Big changes and small changes is very nice and useful.
I might found a bug that will be a disturbance to me...
I have three screens and some times (often) i have to expand mulab composer so it is covering at least two screens.
Often i use the third for the VSTs.
Now i could not expand the composer over the screen limit.
When i choose fullscreen it will cover one screen.
When i click the outer border to drag the composer so that will cover over more than one screen it shrink.
I can not expand the composer so that it will cover beyond one screen maximum.

I hope my tired broken english make enough sense to you.

Regards.

By the way... Im using prerelease 5

M4.0.111 has a bigger font than M4.0.110.
If it's not big enough, you can always edit the skin!
See Transport.Xml -> PositionDisplay -> Fontsize -> Try a number up to 32.[/quote]

All numbers tried do NOT increase font size... moves the position but does not increase the font "size" ???

I tried 15, 20 ,30, 45 etc. all the same size but moved all around the window? :?:

Rack Auto Expand/Collapse not working in 4.0.111.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

pquenin wrote:I have troubles with the audio slicer. The function "Import sample loop" doesn't behave as described in the Mulab Doc : it doesn't insert the sample on the composer, but create a MultiSampla and a midi part.
So it's impossible to adjust the locators that have been automaticaly set, and refresh the midi part. If I drag and drop the audio file, sometimes it creates a MultiSampla and a midi part, sometimes a audio part on the composer (maybe due to the sample lenght ???

I use Mulab 4.0.111 XT.

Edit : I have found "Update Sliced Sample Part" in the Note Zone windows, but it's impossible to open the Audio Lab from here ????

I must have miss something...
"Import Sample Loop" triggers the auto slicer. A drag&drop of an audio part that is shorter than 10sec (i think - there is a preference) triggers the auto slicer.
In both cases you will get a Multisampla and a midi sequence.
To edit the slices:
- right click on the midi sequence and select "Edit Sample", which opens the audio editor.
- change/add/delete locators in the audio editor. When done, right click and select "Update Sliced Sample Part" (i have shortcut).

Works nicely. I have not sliced loops faster than with this system (ok, limited experience with Recycle and Cubase5)

mutools wrote:So what i meant is: See the latest version M4.0.110 with the restyled top panels, you gain a bit of vertical screenspace this way ;)
Thanks a lot, Jo. The layout is smart. You're doing a really good job.
BTW: Have just tried the vector curve feature. Great!!! :tu:

pquenin wrote:I have troubles with the audio slicer. The function "Import sample loop" doesn't behave as described in the Mulab Doc : it doesn't insert the sample on the composer, but create a MultiSampla and a midi part.
That's what the docs say, no?
So it's impossible to adjust the locators that have been automaticaly set, and refresh the midi part.
Yes it's very possible!
Please read the docs, it's explained in there: http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/slici ... mples.html
If I drag and drop the audio file, sometimes it creates a MultiSampla and a midi part, sometimes a audio part on the composer (maybe due to the sample lenght ???
It depends on the DroppedAudioFilesLengthThreshold preference, cfr http://www.mutools.com/mulab/docs/preferences.html
It will only be available when relevent i.e. when the sample is used in a sliced sample sequence part.

I use Mulab 4.0.111 XT.
If you're in the multisample editor you can open a zone editor and double click on the sample, this will open the sample editor.

janamdo wrote:I like the graphical improvements !! ..the name MULAB ..good! ..promote yourself
For the virtual keyboard is it possible to add a latch function .. so you can hold somenotes as you like.. to form a chord.
Nice idea but i would rather like to ad a Chord Mapper module so that you can put chords on individual keys. So when you play the virtual keyboard and it's routed to a patch using this Chord Mapper you'll use the chords you selected.
This Chord Mapper is on the WL.

Return to “MUTOOLS”