Little request ...

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote:
> DiGiT < wrote:hmm im editing what i say after you respond... here is the rest of what i intended to say:

or perhaps that i should go use that software? surely you dont intend to recreate a feature included in another host? was i being silly when i asked for an LFO feature like the one in FLS? you dont feel pressure to be unique do you jo? is this pressure to be unique keeping you from adding straight forward useful features? a hidden feature is what you would prefer im guessing. and it has to operate in a manner unlike every other software out there to ensure that nobody accuses you of plagiarism. right?
I don't understand what you're saying but it all sounds rather negative :(
just trying to understand your intentions so i dont continue to desire something that will never be added.
If i'm not interested in this topic, then why am i looking for a possible solution? I don't see the logic in your reasonings.
It seems that you not get always what you want..it is that simple

robenestobenz wrote:I actually think the current tab dock is pretty cool. It could just do with a few tweaks (like toggle for show/hide - i.e. an ability to properly dock a window, so it stays on the dock) and save tabs with the project.

Sure, little window previews are cool and stuff, but I'd imagine it's probably a lot of development for a little polish.

About the problem of loads of items on a bar - it isn't really solvable IMO. It's hardly like Windows does it gracefully at least -- they just shrink and shrink until you can barely tell what they are. That's fine though, I mean, do you really need THAT much open at a time?
exactly. i dont need every open window on the dock, just some key windows like my favorite vst or the MUX view or the mixer... make it so you need to manually add and remove specific windows from the dock.

also, limits are understood in software. to have the first 8 windows brought up via key combination (or at least offered as a destination in the configuration dialog) would be all anyone might need (in my estimation).

perhaps you could implement an active window log that you would then be able to traverse backwards and forwards, like a browser. for instance, hit shift and the left arrow button to go to the last open window, or press the arrow twice to go to the one further up the list etc.

maybe you could have many task bar type menus that are brought to view by mouseover or through key press, and then wont go away until you select an item by holding down an arrow key(or dragging the cursor or rolling the mouse wheel). perhaps that menu is automatically generated by the content of whatever it represents.

what can i say, shit just echoes in my head and starts to sound negative sometimes. maybe its just me. shit happens. and one of my pet peeves is being ignored or trivialized, which im feeling (maybe mistakenly) with regards to many of my suggestions. my apologies. i need to stfu sometimes.

janamdo wrote:
mutools wrote:
> DiGiT < wrote:hmm im editing what i say after you respond... here is the rest of what i intended to say:

or perhaps that i should go use that software? surely you dont intend to recreate a feature included in another host? was i being silly when i asked for an LFO feature like the one in FLS? you dont feel pressure to be unique do you jo? is this pressure to be unique keeping you from adding straight forward useful features? a hidden feature is what you would prefer im guessing. and it has to operate in a manner unlike every other software out there to ensure that nobody accuses you of plagiarism. right?
I don't understand what you're saying but it all sounds rather negative :(
just trying to understand your intentions so i dont continue to desire something that will never be added.
If i'm not interested in this topic, then why am i looking for a possible solution? I don't see the logic in your reasonings.
It seems that you not get always what you want..it is that simple
who is this statement directed towards?

mr janamdo,

I take it that since you arent answering, it was directed towards me. so in that case, please explain your statement. i dont follow your logic. if i cant always get what i want, that would mean that i have been getting what i wanted for a while now. right? i mean for the logic in your statement to be true, this would need to be the case. those are the deductions i deduced from analyzing your statement.

it occurs to me that maybe you have been wanting to say that to an american for a while now. further, this is how you feel about all americans. am i close? you can come clean here. theres no need to hold your righteous indignation back since we all get what we want too much for your taste. i mean what else could you have possibly meant by your statement? come back and stand up for what you believe in! please let me know what you really meant if im mistaken! i need someone like you to set me straight. without the guidance of the righteous, the blind remain lost, after all. so righteous one, please guide me to the place i should be. or, sit aside and make commentary. because that really gets us where we need to be.

jo

do you feel it a worthy pursuit to reduce the number of clicks/cursor mileage needed to successfully navigate the mulab landscape? to tighten up the workflow so to speak?

> DiGiT < wrote:mr janamdo, I take it that...
Digit, that post is off topic.
If you guys want to talk about psychology, emotions etc. that's very ok, really, but please choose a more appropriate place for these conversations. Thanks.

That said, your further questions and suggestions on MuLab, the MUX, MuSynth, MuDrum etc are very welcome! Please try to post in a balanced way. Thanks again.
Last edited by mutools on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

> DiGiT < wrote:jo

do you feel it a worthy pursuit to reduce the number of clicks/cursor mileage needed to successfully navigate the mulab landscape? to tighten up the workflow so to speak?
Of course! Shoot!

im not the one with the unsubstantiated claims that have nothing to do with the issue at hand. if i get too much of what i want or not has nothing to do with the insight im trying to bring to the table. if someone wants to make a bullshit statement like janamdo then am i to simply allow it? i think not. i will defend my honor with sound logic, since that seems to be what is important here. if something is illogical and mistaken and accusatory then it needs to be set straight.

a question regarding this: you dont seem interested in scolding janamdo. so am i to deduce that he is free to make snyde comments towards me simply because i am asking for something he feels i dont deserve? is this a double standard? i will not sit by while some self righteous guy in a far off land makes a claim such as this! but especially when its clear that his comment has absolutely nothing to do with the subject being discussed. does that make sound logic to you?

so ok since i have made a lot of suggestions recently, could you do me the favor of responding? i dont make comments for nothing! i have seen the way you love to respond to the rest of the people here when they make suggestions. whats different about this? perhaps i will quote myself so you dont miss it this time:
> DiGiT < wrote:
robenestobenz wrote:I actually think the current tab dock is pretty cool. It could just do with a few tweaks (like toggle for show/hide - i.e. an ability to properly dock a window, so it stays on the dock) and save tabs with the project.

Sure, little window previews are cool and stuff, but I'd imagine it's probably a lot of development for a little polish.

About the problem of loads of items on a bar - it isn't really solvable IMO. It's hardly like Windows does it gracefully at least -- they just shrink and shrink until you can barely tell what they are. That's fine though, I mean, do you really need THAT much open at a time?
exactly. i dont need every open window on the dock, just some key windows like my favorite vst or the MUX view or the mixer... make it so you need to manually add and remove specific windows from the dock.

also, limits are understood in software. to have the first 8 windows brought up via key combination (or at least offered as a destination in the configuration dialog) would be all anyone might need (in my estimation).

perhaps you could implement an active window log that you would then be able to traverse backwards and forwards, like a browser. for instance, hit shift and the left arrow button to go to the last open window, or press the arrow twice to go to the one further up the list etc.

maybe you could have many task bar type menus that are brought to view by mouseover or through key press, and then wont go away until you select an item by holding down an arrow key(or dragging the cursor or rolling the mouse wheel). perhaps that menu is automatically generated by the content of whatever it represents.

what can i say, shit just echoes in my head and starts to sound negative sometimes. maybe its just me. shit happens. and one of my pet peeves is being ignored or trivialized, which im feeling (maybe mistakenly) with regards to many of my suggestions. my apologies. i need to stfu sometimes.
Last edited by > DiGiT < on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

> DiGiT < wrote:a question regarding this: you dont seem interested in scolding janamdo. so am i to deduce that he is free to make snyde comments towards me simply because i am asking for something he feels i dont deserve?
I'm afraid we have a different type of logic.

I didn't understand what J meant, but hey, i didn't want to blow things up. Maybe it was meant for me or for someone else, i don't know. It was off topic and thus i don't want to spit that out. Lets stay cool and lets stay on topic. That's a rule for everyone here. To be interpreted with common sense.
so ok since i have made a lot of suggestions recently, could you do me the favor of responding? i dont make comments for nothing! i have seen the way you love to respond to the rest of the people here when they make suggestions.
I already said the following and i repeat this especially for you:
I only respond to things if i have something to say about it.
If i don't respond to something it does not necessarily mean i'm not interested but it may mean that i may think about it at later time. Maybe. I do read everything and i do my best to take all suggestions into account, but i have to sort/filter/prioritize suggestions seriously because of lack of time.

That said, i did respond to the windowing topic. Please reread this topic.

If you really really want to think that it's my ambition to especially exclude you from all suggestions, then i'm afraid i can't avoid that, even if it's not true. I have a strong impression you're reacting too emotional on things. Please also rationalize things.

> DiGiT < wrote:mr janamdo,
How on earth would you come to the conclusion that janamdo is an anti-american from that one sentence "statement" of his. :shock:

Were the Rolling Stones anti-american and all the people who bought their single "You can't always get what you want"??
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

On the editor windowing topic:

Besides the hidden window dock and the ctrl-tab features:

What you can do to get faster access to a bunch of favorite editors is: Open the Session Mux, then open its Play Editor, then drag-drop all your favorite modules onto the Session MUX Play Editor. Now here you got quick access to them. You can even add favorite parameters knobs to the Session MUX Play Editor.

Also note that double clicking the track module icon opens that module editor so if you have a track connected to a favorite plugin/module, you also can use that shortcut.

Nielzie wrote:
How on earth would you come to the conclusion that janamdo is an anti-american from that one sentence "statement" of his. :shock:

Were the Rolling Stones anti-american and all the people who bought their single "You can't always get what you want"??
Lets please stay on topic guys. Everyone. Please. Thanks.

mutools wrote:
Nielzie wrote:

Lets please stay on topic guys. Everyone. Please. Thanks.
Then please moderately edit Digit's reaction at janamdo. It's offending. Not only to janamdo personally, but he seems to be implying that we dutchmen from the "far away country" have strong feelings against all american civilians for some reason.

We customers (yes from ALL countries) just can't always get all our feature requests fullfilled that we want. I'm sure that's what janamdo meant. Is it that hard to understand from that sentence? :-o

And janamdo is right. He, myself and many others have fired FR's at you, and you can't put them all in MuLab, of course. We have to understand and respect that. :)

Personally I like the tabbed interface idea, like that is used in internet browsers these days.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

too emotional? :roll:

ok man. so i can make all the suggestions i want but you dont need to dignify me with a response? am i asking too much here? am i trying to get something above and beyond what i deserve? i have supported your programs for about 15 years now. you dont have time to respond to me? out of all the times i post and i need to demand a response to get one? and then you act as if i have stepped over a line. if what i have to say cant be met with a response in kind with all the other sayers, then what am i doing plugging your software to other potential customers? i do you the favor of speaking favorably to others about you and you cant respond to me when i tell you what i think is important for your program?

i try to be as logical as possible and spell it out for you so you can understand what im saying. this is met with silence or a 'i dont understand your logic'... how much more plain and logical can a guy be?

jo i dont get your logic sometimes. and your logic ends up in the program im using... i think its very logical that i would want to say something to you about it and get a response in the hopes of making a change for the better!

ill tell you what: im growing tired of this. perhaps you would prefer to respond to people who cant figure out why there is a whispering voice telling them to upgrade their copy of mulab.

mutools wrote:On the editor windowing topic:

Besides the hidden window dock and the ctrl-tab features:

What you can do to get faster access to a bunch of favorite editors is: Open the Session Mux, then open its Play Editor, then drag-drop all your favorite modules onto the Session MUX Play Editor. Now here you got quick access to them. You can even add favorite parameters knobs to the Session MUX Play Editor.

Also note that double clicking the track module icon opens that module editor so if you have a track connected to a favorite plugin/module, you also can use that shortcut.
interesting. with all this in place i hereby retract my FR to what robenestobenz said earlier: 'I actually think the current tab dock is pretty cool. It could just do with a few tweaks (like toggle for show/hide)'

Return to “MUTOOLS”