MUX Vst pre-release

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trakstar wrote:
Crackbaby wrote:Now when you mention it .. yes! I can see them shooting ballistic jelly and trying to get some dna from a broken nail or whatever :D And not a bad thing by any means. What genre would you say it is?
I ought to have known, well thats rich coming from someone with a name like soft little fluffy girl, and junkiebaby, but hey, you could both start a duet together.

The fluffy, woolly and kind to the skin soft and chemically induced Smack and crack kiddy babies!! nice whats your first song gonna be?

" we are wierdos "
:?

(PS_ I shall endeavour to make better music, because crackhead and fluffy fanny said my music is w"nk :? I shall post a new track soon with a new style, probably just a drone and call it industrial experimentalism)
Hey, I am a fluffy little BOY :D

Anyway, nobody was saying anything negative about that tune you linked... Doesn't your mind automatically conjure up images or scenes when you listen to something? Mine sure does :) In this case it was CSI lab scenes where they always use some modern electronic instrumental music...

edit_
Last edited by Trakstar on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I always get things wrong, sorry, but you have resolved me to try something new and so I shall try a new song and dedicate it to heroin boy and fluff girl :hug:

mutools wrote: I don't agree. That EU law is about non-exclusive licenses. The MuLab and MUX user licenses are exclusive to one person.
Ok, so first, MUX looks great, and personally, I don't think that $59 is too much, nor do I think that any of your pricing is unreasonable. Also, I don't care one iota about how any individual dev responds to the new EU law.

That said, I'm very interested in the new law and what it actually means and your statement above to me does not jive with my understanding of what that term means legally.

As far as I understand it, the term "exclusive" does not mean that each license is "exclusive" to an individual, it means that the intellectual property is licensed exclusively to one entity. So, unless there's only one copy of MUX for sale, like virtually all plugin sales to the end consumer, it's licensed "non-exclusively."

By definition, you cannot grant an exclusive license to more than one entity. This definition is from a U.S. focused site, but I think that it's unlikely that the terms have substantially different meaning across the pond.
Exclusive Versus Non-Exclusive

Licenses for intellectual property may be exclusive or non-exclusive. Through an exclusive license, you grant the right to use a given piece of intellectual property in a specified manner to one other user; this prohibits other users from using the same property for the duration of the license. A non-exclusive license also grants the right to use a given piece of intellectual property in a specified manner; however, you can grant a non-exclusive license to several users simultaneously.
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/nonexclu ... 23955.html

I'd love too see more tutorials on the MuX, building simple devices etc... Seems like there is a huge amount of power under the hood but I'm not sure how to use it.
Pineapple Lounge Records
http://www.pineappleloungerecords.com

I first saw MuLab when it was called Luna on the CM Magazine. It interested me and I always kept an eye on its development. As I used Muzys I wasn't in a rush to buy another DAW. But I always thought that I'd get MuLab one day. Muzys is fantastic but no longer developed, no support and still crashes!

So in February I bought a MuLab UL licence. I had little idea what to expect, but I mainly bought it as it was programmed by one of the Muzys team, Jo. That is right isn't it? But also because of the minimalistic approach and ease of use. I tried Ableton lite, couldn't get on with that. Then Reaper, didn't like it. Also gave FL a go, but could barely get into it!

Though I've not used MuLab much since purchasing, too busy, the little I've experienced has been excellent. AndreasD has been doing a fantastic job creating a synth for me based on the Electribes. This has helped me to learn some the basics of the MuX. I've edited and added deleted several parts, though minor stuff really, it's great fun and an amazing tool.

I didn't realise just how good it was before that. In fact I wasn't really bothered by it at all! It's made me think more about a lot of the junk in my VST folder! It really does need a clearout :lol:

My point is that MuLab is well worth it's asking price, especially considering the generous offer of all v5 upgrades. I was hoping the MuX would be cheaper but I think it too is reasonable, no, actually, it is cheap! Look at the likes of Reaktor! You could go for SynthMaker but if you know little of how these things work it's a steep learning curve!

All in all, excellent work on the MuX, and VST, good luck with broadening your user base. I for one am a very happy customer :D

One question though, as I have limited experience with MuLab, what are the benefits of the MuLab/MuX combo?

Thanks for such a brilliant app

Scott

I use mulab and maschine with mux so that's at least one benefit of the combo :)
:hug:

Yes, but maschine can be used with standalone MuX. I wondered what the benefits were of having the MuLab/MuX integration? Am I explaining correctly?

It has been mentioned that a benefit of the MuX in MuLab is it's integration, I just wondered what that benefit was exactly. I don't know enough about either to understand how they work together. Hence my question... ;-)

I think it means that in MuLab you can connect your entire project in the mux enviroment. If you use two mux vst in maschine they wont see each other (which would have been damn cool!).

I just noticed that Maschine doesn't update the parameters anymore :(

Not for either vst or vsti version :cry:

*current release version, last beta worked fine!

That's when you're loading a new patch/preset/program from within mashine not from within the mux, right?

Yeah. When i have loaded an instance of mux and then change patch within that mux, the parameters get updated in maschine. But if i have stored a mux in a maschine preset they're no longer updated as they were in previous version.

Which MUX version are you using?
You can see that via main options menu -> About MUX.

1.0.31, 32 bit

I don't know which the previous version was as i deleted them and i have cleared my download folder. But i think it was .26

Return to “MUTOOLS”