Making MuLab More Obvious & Easy

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think that's part of where my confidence comes from, that Mulab will always make sure i have saved my work. As it indeed asks if i want to save it even as i had just saved it via the menu.
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:I think a "Do you want to save your current session first?" would be nice. Sometimes i get a feeling that i expect the program to ask me this after i hit "this session" .. that could be dangerous!
Yes.
There should be two behaviors. One with a "Save Session" scenario and the other with an "Unsaved Session". The Dialog should be different...
Reason is the only program, that I'm aware of, that opens another session (no choices), if you will, regardless of a saved work or not.

When something is saved without changes most likely the user choosing New Session intends to work on something new Unless he chooses Add Session from the menu. If is not saved yet, then a different dialogs set should be employed.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Crackbaby wrote:I think that's part of where my confidence comes from, that Mulab will always make sure i have saved my work. As it indeed asks if i want to save it even as i had just saved it via the menu.
Even though, if an application is set to ask ONLY if it is an Unsaved work, then you can be assured that it will not loose your work. It will ask you only if it is Unsaved.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

mutools wrote:The only reason why i mentioned it in my post to voidpipe is because i'm concerned that such communication degrades this forum. It certainly also costed me a serious portion of nerves and slowed down the M5 R&D during those days. No win at all.
well im sorry your feelings were hurt but this being the internet, you must put things in perspective. you cant blame me for mr voidpipes departure. i also dont think your product was hurt by anything in that thread. i said what needed saying and some people didnt like it or just dont like my input period as evidenced by what liquidsound and his buddy dunc stated on the last 2 pages ("it seems that, by the way you are acting, that you have the "right" ideas and they must be taken under Serious Consideration.").

the rest of the thread was the same guys attacking me personally for my income level and business knowledge. i never threw insults at people, i always dealt with the topic at hand but took abuse for it.

if you want to look for who made the thread ugly? it wasnt me. my contribution was purely motivated. liquidsound and dunc made that thread ugly.

Yeah, "ask ONLY if it is an Unsaved work" sounds good to me!
:hug:

liquidsound wrote:I see your point...
If the session is saved and not changes are made then is no harm to just select New Session without warnings (as with the other DAWs) because the work has been saved except the fact that we may loose some Undo.

Also, I never understood the last dialog when quitting asking to save a saved session... :shrug:
That's because MuLab cannot yet track whether a session has changed or not. But i got some fresh ideas about how to do that, will check them concrete.
Last edited by mutools on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crackbaby wrote:I think a "Do you want to save your current session first?" would be nice. Sometimes i get a feeling that i expect the program to ask me this after i hit "this session" .. that could be dangerous!
Agreed "Do you want to save your current session first?" is a much more compliant question. Thanks!

> DiGiT < wrote:i never threw insults at people, i always dealt with the topic at hand but took abuse for it.
Maybe you don't intend doing so, but believe me that sometimes your post sound agressive and insulting. We discussed this already several times. I assume it's not with bad intentions. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have impact.
if you want to look for who made the thread ugly? it wasnt me. my contribution was purely motivated. liquidsound and dunc made that thread ugly.
I don't agree. In my opinion it was a collective slip. Anyway, at this point you agree it was an ugly thread, cfr my post to voidpipe. So that case is closed.

mutools wrote:That's because MuLab cannot yet track whether a session has changed or not. But i got some fresh ideas about how to do that, will check them concrete.
Unfortunately it did not work out as i hoped. Which means i'll stick to the M4 way atm. Will further R&D this aspect later.

I've been around since the Luna days, and I must say that Mulab has transformed in an magnificent way.

I must say that the Mulab 3 -> 4 gave many many improvements (even though I don't have much time to make music; hence still have things to discover).

The right-click-to-give-the-targets-unique-options-attitude is in my eyes a smart way to work; you always have an easy way to get right to what you need, and in the same time gives med knowlegde of what is possible on that target.

Some things I wish in the navigational topic however is:

- bigger + - < > -buttons. They're quite tiny on a 22-24" screen (I guess that's quite standard today; and they seem to have a more or less standard resolution).

- In practical terms, you have only one pull-down meny ("session"). It doesn't seem an economical way for your workflow.

- I miss the stardard Windows behaviour on the top right corner: custom size/maximise. And double click on the top list to get the same behaviour.
A quick way to come to your other programs like file browser etc.

Thanks for your good work and your responsivness to your customers; highly appreciated! :D
Collaboration with Assemblage 23: Hitmusik auf Deutschland
http://commuterpop.com

Good points there mickeh, I agree with all that

mickeh wrote:- bigger + - < > -buttons. They're quite tiny on a 22-24" screen (I guess that's quite standard today; and they seem to have a more or less standard resolution).
Which buttons you mean?
I miss the stardard Windows behaviour on the top right corner: custom size/maximise. And double click on the top list to get the same behaviour.
I don't understand, it's all there! (since M4.4.2)
Which MuLab version are you using?

mutools wrote:
mickeh wrote:- bigger + - < > -buttons. They're quite tiny on a 22-24" screen (I guess that's quite standard today; and they seem to have a more or less standard resolution).
Which buttons you mean?
These ones:
http://commuterpop.com/bilder/mulab_nav.jpg
For the window navigation
I miss the stardard Windows behaviour on the top right corner: custom size/maximise. And double click on the top list to get the same behaviour.

I don't understand, it's all there! (since M4.4.2)
Which MuLab version are you using?
Aha, there you go :) I'm still on 4.3.10..... :oops:
Thanks for that upgrade! :love:
Collaboration with Assemblage 23: Hitmusik auf Deutschland
http://commuterpop.com

I'd like to see the scroll bars get a little wider.

When will there be a Mulab 5 release ?

Return to “MUTOOLS”