MuLab 5.1.3

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a new MuLab 5.1.3 in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest

What's changed:
  • "Select Composition" function: When used via a shortcut, the popup list was displayed in the bottom-right corner. Fixed/Tuned.
  • Mixdown start-end is only set automatically on first time, after that it's purely defined by the user.
  • Composer and Sequence Editor: Zoom Selection, Copy Time Zoom and Paste Time Zoom are now shortcuttable functions.
  • Audio File -> Create New Sample From Selection did not update the samplerate of the new sample. Fixed.
  • Improved VST engine especially wrt VSTs that rely on timing info from the hosts.
  • Fixed a recent bug that could cause audio noises.
  • Extended log info for better diagnosing certain problems.
This new version comes as an app patch, so you can simply replace your current MuLab app file by this new one, cfr http://www.mutools.com/mulab/app-patch/Read%20Me.txt

Are versions 5.1.1 and 5.1.2 included in those patches? I admit I was lazy and did not download those patches before :oops:

Ahh, sorry, Stevie Wonder syndrome again 8)

Thank you Jo!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

fluffy_little_something wrote:Ahh, sorry, Stevie Wonder syndrome again 8)
No worries -- I generally use the patch then if it doesn't work, use the full... only checked the readme coz you asked! :D

fluffy_little_something wrote:Are versions 5.1.1 and 5.1.2 included in those patches?
Just to be complete: Yes.

What am I doing wrong?
Shortcut: Z
Function 1 = Select All (generic)
Function 2 = Zoom Selection (generic)

Nothing happen by itself unless I manually select something.
Using just one function, either one works, but not together.

Is this the way to use functions? :help:

mutools wrote:
  • Mixdown start-end is only set automatically on first time, after that it's purely defined by the user.
  • Composer and Sequence Editor: Zoom Selection, Copy Time Zoom and Paste Time Zoom are now shortcuttable functions.
Great!
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

liquidsound wrote:What am I doing wrong?
Shortcut: Z
Function 1 = Select All (generic)
Function 2 = Zoom Selection (generic)

Nothing happen by itself unless I manually select something.
Using just one function, either one works, but not together.

Is this the way to use functions? :help:
Researched this and unfortunately there is an unforeseen technical complication when assigning multiple functions to a shortcut key/MIDI event. Certain function combinations work, but not all of them, it depends on which functions are combined.

It's not a quick and easy job to solve this technical problem so i only have two options at this point:

1) Leave it as is. But this results in an unclear situation because certain function combis will work, others not. It's even not easy to document this as the technical background is quite complex.

2) Mute the multi-function shortcut feature and thus return to single function shortcuts until i would find time to rewrite this feature.

My personal vote goes to option 2.

What do you think?

mutools wrote:My personal vote goes to option 2.

What do you think?
Would it be easy to make this a MainSetup.txt option? I ask as because the one hand I think this is a cool and really useful feature, on the other I think it's rarely a good idea to have unpredictable or unreliable features exposed to the average user. Potential for confusion, repeat bug reports and slightly harmed impressions of the software lies that way IMO.

robenestobenz wrote:
mutools wrote:My personal vote goes to option 2.

What do you think?
Would it be easy to make this a MainSetup.txt option? I ask as because the one hand I think this is a cool and really useful feature, on the other I think it's rarely a good idea to have unpredictable or unreliable features exposed to the average user. Potential for confusion, repeat bug reports and slightly harmed impressions of the software lies that way IMO.
I second robenestobebz. Until a solution can be found let it be a choice for advanced use with an understanding of the current issue.
Sometime ago you asked me for what I meant for Macro. This is close to that. Configuring several step in sequential order, but sence MuLab deals a lot with Focus it seems to be quite difficult. Maybe the Focus is the problem for some shortcuts.

All my multi assignments work fine.
I'm so used to them now....

Can we keep the current state?

AndreasD wrote:All my multi assignments work fine.
I'm so used to them now....

Can we keep the current state?
+1 for the current state... what works works and what not doesn't seem to crash or cause serious trouble... no need to remove the functionality imho...

Remove it? :-o Who said that! :o
I think robenestobebz meant something else... I think :?

Return to “MUTOOLS”