mux modulation generators question

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to use the mod generators within mux to modulate a vsti parameter?
It seems like it should be a simple thing to do, but experimentation, menu hunting and manual reading has revealed nothing. All I see is green modulation outputs and blue event inputs...
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Yes, but for VST(i)you need to convert the modulation data (green) into event parameter (blue).
Connect an LFO with a Parameter Event Generator (green to green) and the Parameter Event Generator with you VST(i) event input (blue to blue).
As soon as you connect the Parameter Event Generator with the VST, the module's parameter list shows all available VST parameter. Select the one you need and set the value range as necessary.

Thanks for your reply. I'm with you in theory. What I'm trying to do is understand the basic concept. In this case apply an adsr to lpf cutoff, so that every time I play a note the adsr mods the cutoff amount. Here's what I have done so far

I have selected filter frequency in the parameter event generator, but with this basic setup, adjustments to the envelope don't make any difference.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

1. Make sure you have an event input for the ADSR and other modules.
2. Check to see if you set the cutoff to a low enough value to allow it to be modulated.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

EX: Image
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

That's it, thanks :)
I was trying to do it in the session mux, where the event input module doesn't appear to be available. Thanks again.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby wrote:Thanks for your reply. I'm with you in theory. What I'm trying to do is understand the basic concept. In this case apply an adsr to lpf cutoff, so that every time I play a note the adsr mods the cutoff amount. Here's what I have done so far

I have selected filter frequency in the parameter event generator, but with this basic setup, adjustments to the envelope don't make any difference.
I guess you have solved the issue, but to get your setup correct, add an Event Input module and connect it to the ADSR and your VST.

AndreasD wrote: I guess you have solved the issue, but to get your setup correct, add an Event Input module and connect it to the ADSR and your VST.
yes, I've sorted it out now - thanks for your help anyway :)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Return to “MUTOOLS”