Mixdown to Audio slows tempo down - why?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi out there,

I'm using Mulab still as a test programme and got today an annoying result. I recorded a midi track "live" and set my VST. The recording was done at the speed of 72 bpm, using the Mulab metronome. Mixing it down to an audio file results in a speed of approx. 65 - 67 bpm ( I imported it into Audacity where I have a 72 bpm click track to synchronize all samples) . Does anyone how to get the same tempo in the audio file as set preliminary in Mulab?

Best regards

Abbeyman
Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see (J. Lennon)

First look at the audio sample rate recorded and played back.
A 48kHz recording played at 44.1kHz is equivalent to a 72BPM beat played at 66.15 BPM

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the quick reply. I mixed the track down in 16-bit quality now. This is shown in Audacity as a 44.100 Hz file 32-float - same as the click track, but still I have a slower speed within the audio. I wonder how to get around with that stuff.

Best regards,

Abbeyman
Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see (J. Lennon)

I have never ever encoutered such problem since i use Mulab (since M2).

What if you play the renderd file in Mulab?
If you tick "create new part of the result" when doing the mixdown, invert that created part (Audio Inverter module) and run it along your midi sequence the result should be silence. Is it?
Can you do a quick check with http://www.wavosaur.com? It's free and only 200k or so, no installation, just file copy.
You are using Mulab free? Then there is no 32bit mixdown option, iirc, as reported in Audacity?!

Next possibility: how many samples are in the file? Divide by 44100 -> #seconds. Is that number correct in Audacity?

Return to “MUTOOLS”