How to record in MuLab with a Blue Yeti USB Mic

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm new to MuLab and I can't seem to get a blue yeti usb mic to show. I recorded stuff with it in Reaper no problems...easy almost fully auto set up...I really don't know what I'm doing wrong or just completely not doing at all with Mulab. Ive done the audio setup...MMe audio output and selected the blue yeti mic in audio drivers name.
created an audio track and when I open "set up record audio" there is no sign of the mic in the record from drop down. I've tried everything that is there (being new to muLab...no idea really what to do) There are settings such as audio input 1, audio file recorder 2....I think today I have tried every possible combination in "record from and output to" and nothing records from my mic?
:help: PLEASE .....if anyone can point me in the right direction and tell me what I'm missing here?

In order to do audio recording I had to use the Asio4all drivers
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

sooy wrote:I'm new to MuLab and I can't seem to get a blue yeti usb mic to show. I recorded stuff with it in Reaper no problems...easy almost fully auto set up...I really don't know what I'm doing wrong or just completely not doing at all with Mulab. Ive done the audio setup...MMe audio output and selected the blue yeti mic in audio drivers name.
created an audio track and when I open "set up record audio" there is no sign of the mic in the record from drop down. I've tried everything that is there (being new to muLab...no idea really what to do) There are settings such as audio input 1, audio file recorder 2....I think today I have tried every possible combination in "record from and output to" and nothing records from my mic?
:help: PLEASE .....if anyone can point me in the right direction and tell me what I'm missing here?
If your audio driver exposes more inputs than the mic, Mulab might be choosing the wrong one (it just selects the first one for a new project). Do you see any more relevant input sources if you click on the little arrow attached to the right hand side of the record from drop down and select the mono/left input drop down?

When your audio device has a good ASIO driver then select it in MuLab's Audio Setup and all should work fine.
In the other case (your sound device does not come with an ASIO driver) then indeed best to use Asio4All.
Robenestobenz' post is relevant too.

[/quote]
robenestobenz wrote:
If your audio driver exposes more inputs than the mic, Mulab might be choosing the wrong one (it just selects the first one for a new project). Do you see any more relevant input sources if you click on the little arrow attached to the right hand side of the record from drop down and select the mono/left input drop down?[/quote]

Thanks robenestobenz...checked that out but i was unlucky there...nothing listed....
mutools wrote:When your audio device has a good ASIO driver then select it in MuLab's Audio Setup and all should work fine.
In the other case (your sound device does not come with an ASIO driver) then indeed best to use Asio4All.
dakkra wrote:In order to do audio recording I had to use the Asio4all drivers
Yeah mutools and dakkra... I ended up installing "Asio4All" and YEP...that worked a charm....
Thanks so much for your help everyone...I can get back to enjoying checking out Mulab now...Seems fantastic! :tu:

Return to “MUTOOLS”