MuLab 6.0.35 released

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MuLab 6 has been released!

MuLab 6 features an enhanced look and feel and a rich collection of new and improved features throughout the app that all together seriously increase the creativity, comfort and productivity of MuLab.

What's new in MuLab 6: http://mutools.com/mulab-mux-change-log.html

MuLab product overview & downloads: http://www.mutools.com/mulab-product.html

Enjoy Making Music!

Jo

What, no demo track already? ;) (I get four empty sequences loaded, with MuLab in edit mode but kicked off playing.)

Selecting "VST Synths" with "Auto Play" turned on doesn't direct MIDI Input to the selected VST Synth. I'm not sure that's meant to happen but either
a) The "Auto Play" should go disabled if it isn't meant to work or, preferably
b) make it work :D -- it does for MUX preset instruments, after all.

Oh... There looks like a duplicate menu on the module front panel:
You have the "I Like Moog" section (Rename through Edit Meta-Parameter Map) twice.

PS: lots and lots of nice new stuff to try. The fade-in/out curves sound particularly interesting...

Everything seems to be working on my Mac. OSX 10.8.5. Opens my templates and command keys work except "scroll behavior." in the mu-lab settings file? Hmmm... I can't get any of the midi effect to work? How exactly do you get sound out of the arpeggiator???

DHR53 wrote: I can't get any of the midi effect to work? How exactly do you get sound out of the arpeggiator???
If that is the Mini Arpeggiator patch, it goes before any instrument and is not really an arp, but repeates incoming notes at different pitches.

pljones wrote:What, no demo track already? ;) (I get four empty sequences loaded, with MuLab in edit mode but kicked off playing.)

a) The "Auto Play" should go disabled if it isn't meant to work or, preferably
I guess it's meant for you doing the demo song now :)

The auto start will be off as soon you save one session of your own.

So which are the major new features ...?

Think I'll pass on this one ... :shrug:

pljones wrote: Selecting "VST Synths" with "Auto Play" turned on doesn't direct MIDI Input to the selected VST Synth.

Edit: I guess you used a patch from the sequence folder. Please delete the MuxPresetFileCache.MuData file in the factory instruments/sequences folder.
I have not checked all folders, but if you encounter such thing, delete the cache file.

Slarti wrote:.
So which are the major new features ...?

Think I'll pass on this one ... :shrug:
I have not downloaded M6, yet, but other DAW makers also tend to offer only a big set of minor improvements when releasing a new version. DAW's as such are rather mature by now, there is only so much one can invent. Plus, they can't make too radical changes as they need to provide backwards compatibility.
They got to release a new version sooner or later in order to make some money, so they must draw line somewhere...

I am downloading it now, what I like about Mulab is its size, still just about 20MB, compare that to Sonar, Cubase etc. where the demo version is over two GB :P

It's such a simple adjustment but I love that there finally is a simple button on the main GUI to open directly the modular environment (formerly known as MUX).
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

In terms of looks, I like it, the racks in particular. The green lights for turning stuff on and off within a rack are nice, I suggested that a long time ago :)
I still think the meter should be more color-coded, there should be orange and red above zero.

I also like that it sounds great right away. With the big DAW's I always had sound issues.

There is quite some noise when pulling the pre/post fader selector while something is playing.
The color picker for the synth does not seem to do anything (I was only trying it as I though one might be able to change the baby blue background to something darker so that one can read the white labels better.)

I would prefer if double-clicking the fader would set it to zero db. (And double-clicking the pan knob should set it to center.)

Isn't it called mixing console instead of mix desk in English?

What does mixdown consolidated session mean?
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PS: What's important to you, no bugs so far :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:PS: What's important to you, no bugs so far :)
Oops, too early :)
There seems to be a problem with Cakewalk's Studio Instruments. When I open two instances of the string module, there is terrible noise and Mulab finally overloads even without playing anything. Maybe a Cakewalk thing, dunno...

Just tried it in M5, same thing, so obviously nothing to do with M6 as such, but either a Cakewalk issue or a general Mulab issue.

AndreasD wrote:
pljones wrote: Selecting "VST Synths" with "Auto Play" turned on doesn't direct MIDI Input to the selected VST Synth.

Edit: I guess you used a patch from the sequence folder. Please delete the MuxPresetFileCache.MuData file in the factory instruments/sequences folder.
I have not checked all folders, but if you encounter such thing, delete the cache file.
No, I'm talking about playing using my MIDI Input.

1) Open MuLab
2) Switch the browser to VST Instruments
3) Select one (MDA Piano - doesn't need patches loaded to make sounds)
4) Play notes on keyboard
Expected result - hear notes
Actual result - silence

Compare
1) Open MuLab
2) Switch the browser to MUX Instruments
3) Select one
4) Play notes on keyboard
Expected result - hear notes
Actual result - as expected

This is a fun update. Composing is much faster and more intuitive!

A bug: When I open your 'demo,' Session, then click Replace on the Device in a Rack (either I Like Moog or A Space Journey), and then click Device>Instruments>MuSampla, the Rack disappears! However, when I drag MuSampla to a Track, it appears as a Device in the Rack and the Rack remains. It happens repeatedly.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Return to “MUTOOLS”