Fixed with LR release candidate 1.4.1: MuLab Play Position is not synchronised with Liquid Rhythm

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i know, MuLab is not yet in the Liquid Rhythm DAW compatiblity list and i would ask, how can this be synchronised, or is it easy to get MuLab compatible?

today i've tested MuLab with Liquid Rhythm.

i have created one looped MUX MIDI sequence track with 8 beats and an empty Liquid Rhythm MIDI track.

in Liquid Rhythm i've created also a 8 beat drum sequence.

after start playback it seems, that all is working fine, stop and start works as expected.

but changeing the Play Position in MuLab didn't change the Play Position also in Liquid Rhythm and now the play positions are different and it's not possible to synchronise, because Liquid Rhythm needs to be synchronised by the DAW.
Last edited by Hermu on Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Did you ask the plugin developer why their plugin isn't syncing? What's their answer?

mutools wrote:Did you ask the plugin developer why their plugin isn't syncing? What's their answer?
have sended now a email to developer support and i'm waiting for there response

Hey folks,
We are in the process of working with some MuLab developers... we'll be looking into the issue shortly.
Cheers - WaveDNA Team

Hi Hermu,

Thank you for your interest in our software =)

My name's Haig, I'm a writer at WaveDNA and do lots of testing as well. I downloaded MULAB and spent quite a bit of time today reproducing your issue. Using LR 1.4.0.1, I was able to lose the playhead sync between LR and MULAB by changing the host tempo during playback, or by changing the size of the host's loop region while the playhead was reaching the "out" point. The sync was far from perfect.

Fortunately, the next release candidate (1.4.1), addresses this issue (among several others), and VST performance within MULAB is much stronger. I have the latest version on my machine, and VST-to-host sync is much more reliable.

For example, I just produced a 64-bar loop using some 3rd party synths for basslines, pads, and leads, and put together a really cheesy metal/fantasy-synth thing together. I'm able to abruptly change tempo (drastically, like 20bpm to 300bpm) and not lose sync. Loop length also obeys, but can be broken during excessive circumstances: Like changing tempo drastically and loop size toward the end of the loop cycle can still result in a loss of sync, but this is a very extreme example (on my end) and it's otherwise very functional =))

v1.4.1 is upcoming! Stay tuned on KVR and our website for details on when you can download it =)

Cheers,

-Haig

WaveDNA has fixed with release candidate 1.4.1.

Good user support! :tu:

Return to “MUTOOLS”