MULAB and tablet issue

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

I was looking for any simple yet powerful sequencer for my Windows tablet to drive my Volcas on the go and I found MULAB very interesting. Unfortunately I have already faced one small issue - touch doubleclicking doesn't work for creating 'parts' on tracks and there is no other way to do It (i.e. right click menu) except using mouse or touchpad.

alexm

Thanks for your feedback. Interesting. Which tablet and Windows version are you using?

Hi and thanks for response!

I have Asus T100 and Windows 8.1. As far as I examined, doubleclicking works everywhere except creating parts.

Beat regards,

alexm

Strange that double-clicking works everywhere except for double-clicking parts.
So if you double-click in the black space at the right of the [+] button in the mixer rack desk, then that creates a new rack, right?

No, it doesn't... so it means that double-clicking doesn't work at all, I really don't know how I could missed it, sorry. Originally I was refering to 'creating parts between locators.

Hi,

looking for the One sequencer I could use on stage with my touchscreen Windows 8.1 notebook, I took a serious look at MuLab.

It looks very promising and seams to have all the features I wish I could find in a simple but efficient touchscreen sequencer with VST / VSTi support.

But it surely not optimized for touchscreens. Many elements of GUI are a bit two small, when can't scroll or zomm with two fingers gestures, and so on.

I suggest you to work on tablet / touchscreen optimization. Of course it may not be a FR from current users because they may have many other thinks to ask for. But touchscreen computer are currently spreading and more and more laptop devices have touchscreen nowadays. And a lack of good applications using this ability that may deeply change the rules for computer musicians.

Sonar showed the way, but it a bit too huge for live playing. OpenLabs has StageLight, but it's ergonomics remain a bit clumsy.
Image Line did a very, very good job with it's FL Studio Groove. I don't see any other application that has such a good ergonomics and offer that feeling with touchscreens, but from now it lacks too many features (VST support, sampling, audio routing, MIDI synchronization and so on) to be nothing more than a entertainment app and it cannot satisfy musicians with different devices, hardware, and so on.

Whatever you do, I wish you and MuLap the best. You do a good job.

@ Will:
+1

Agreed...I was suggesting this to Jo a while back, as it could really differentiate Mulab in the market. So many hybrid Windows devices are hitting the market these days and even the cheaper laptops have touchscreens, yet there is very little in the way of music software that lends itself to Win8. Fl Studio Groove looks like the best yet, but lacks the power under the hood of Mulab. Stagelight just seemed like a buggy POS to me when I tried it.

With some interface and UX tweaks, Mulab could certainly be a contender since the interface is very inviting and there is less reliance on floating windows in the current version. To really be suitable for touch and the new HiPDI screens the gui would need to become vector based. The module/nodal view is crying out to become vector based and it drives me nuts on a small screen without being able to zoom in.
Also less reliance on right clicking and modifier keys is definitely needed! Still hate the fact that I can't hear a note when it is moved unless I use a modifier key....this doesn't translate to a touch device at all...

I agree touch screen support is an interesting topic/challenge. Step by step i'm taking it into account while developing new versions. As an example M6 already is much more vectorial under the hood than M5. (eventhough you don't notice that yet as a user)
To be continued. Currently R&Ding a new MUX synth module.

mutools wrote:Currently R&Ding a new MUX synth module.
you say wha??!! :hyper: :hyper: :o
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “MUTOOLS”