Stuff I can't find!

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there

I'm really impressed by this program - there's obviously lots of work going into it and it looks and feels great.

I've been using energyXT for a few years now and can't find anything as productive - however unlike MuLab there's virtually no development going on - and bugs aren't getting fixed

however MuLab is now getting very close productivity wise - and also has lots of other great functions that Ext doesn't have

I would really like to change over to MuLab - but I'm having trouble finding stuff that's important to me
I should make it clear that I hate using a mouse - so keyboard shortcuts are essential

I note that you can make your own shortcuts in MuLab - which is excellent - but I still cant find ways of doing the following:-

Zoom In and Out - (I could use Autohotkey to get round this)

Navigating between clips - back/forwards

Navigating between tracks - up/down

Other stuff:-

Horizontal zoom-out often results in not being focused on the cursor and having to scroll back - is there a trick to this?

I can't find a way of deleting duplicate midi notes

I like the "change times" function on midi parts - but it only seems to work on one part at a time - even if a number are selected

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mick
Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick thx for your post. I'm afraid all your questions are feature requests. Step by step MuLab and MUX Modular will grow further and hopefully soon all of your needs will be filled in.
Horizontal zoom-out often results in not being focused on the cursor and having to scroll back - is there a trick to this?
Zoom in/out with the mouse currently always focuses on the mouse cursor, which is logical, agreed? If you're zooming using the scrollbar buttons then zooming is focused on the center of the view.

Hi
Thanks very much for your reply

I could probably work round most of these things - although not being able to delete duplicates will be a bit of a pain

even in EnergyXT I have to use Autohotkey to make it more productive

re: the zoom in/out - actually Energy centres around the time cursor - this works perfectly for me
maybe you could add an option for this ?

by the way - are there any plans for synch options ?

I'm carrying on checking stuff for now - but I really do rate this program - it's a good price and it seems also to be very stable

very best regards
Mick
Cheers

Mick

mickwest1 wrote:I could probably work round most of these things - although not being able to delete duplicates will be a bit of a pain
The next M6.2 version has a "Delete Double Notes" sequence function.
re: the zoom in/out - actually Energy centres around the time cursor - this works perfectly for me
maybe you could add an option for this ?
And what if the time cursor is outside the view and auto-scroll is off?
by the way - are there any plans for synch options ?
How do u mean? Pls elaborate.

Hi
good news re the double notes function - excellent

re the zoom in/out - I nearly always have auto scroll on - using MuLab keeps losing focus on the time line for me!

re synch options I mean chiefly MTC - both slave and master - I don't use these often but it comes in very handy sometimes - plus I feel it brings any DAW properly into the "pro" arena.

Also just realised there are no level / activity indicators on the actual tracks
I've got it set up to auto open the mixer modules which is a greatidea and very usable - but it would be still nicer to have even a basic indicator on the tracks

other questions (sorry)

I can't find a "master" - solo or mute function - is there a way to do this

I'm slightly confused re: MUX - you say it's integrated into MULab - but it appears you have to buy it separately?
so is there a way of disabling it in the demo/free version?

many thanks for your time
Mick
Cheers

Mick

mickwest1 wrote:Also just realised there are no level / activity indicators on the actual tracks
I've got it set up to auto open the mixer modules which is a greatidea and very usable - but it would be still nicer to have even a basic indicator on the tracks
Why? You can see the parts on the tracks and the parts show their content so you know what is playing, no?
What do you want to do? Pls elaborate.
I'm slightly confused re: MUX - you say it's integrated into MULab - but it appears you have to buy it separately? so is there a way of disabling it in the demo/free version?
MUX Modular is integrated into MuLab and is also available as a VST plug-in for Windows.
It's only when you want to also use MUX Modular in another host that you need to buy a MUX Modular user key.

Also just realised there are no level / activity indicators on the actual tracks

Why? You can see the parts on the tracks and the parts show their content so you know what is playing, no?

-- yes - but that track may not be routed anywhere - or the player module might be muted - like I say the existing system works - but a little track indicator would help also

What do you want to do? Pls elaborate.

Most other DAWS have solo and mute "master" buttons to switch off any solos/mutes - it saves searching through if you've got multiple tracks soloed etc - again - not essential - just saves time sometimes

I'm slightly confused re: MUX - you say it's integrated into MULab - but it appears you have to buy it separately? so is there a way of disabling it in the demo/free version?

MUX Modular is integrated into MuLab and is also available as a VST plug-in for Windows.
It's only when you want to also use MUX Modular in another host that you need to buy a MUX Modular user key.

OK so MULab including MUX is 69 eur?

Thanks again for your time
Mick
Cheers

Mick

mickwest1 wrote:OK so MULab including MUX is 69 eur?
Yes.

mickwest1 wrote:Most other DAWS have solo and mute "master" buttons to switch off any solos/mutes - it saves searching through if you've got multiple tracks soloed etc - again - not essential - just saves time sometimes
Right-click a mute/solo button -> "Reset All Mutes/Solos"

Note that lots of functionality is available in the right-click context menus. Right-click and discover!

Aha thankyou - no mention of this in the docs
Cheers

Mick

more stuff - sorry

looking for shortcut for "loop on/off" - can't find it in the list of functions - same with "manage shortcuts"

thanks
Cheers

Mick

found loop on/off under "composition /toggle loop" - not that easy to find - would be nice to be able to search for "loop" in all shortcuts
Cheers

Mick

mickwest1 wrote:found loop on/off under "composition /toggle loop" - not that easy to find - would be nice to be able to search for "loop" in all shortcuts
It's probably in the pipeline. :-)
Take a look at the recent thread http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=430218
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

Yes thanks Reincke

anybody found "manage shortcuts" ??
Cheers

Mick

Return to “MUTOOLS”