Key navigation

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to activate key arrow navigation (mainly in compose and modular mode)
This would solve one problem with shortcut on toggle process.
This way you can keep hand on midi master keyboard until other can toggle on/off moduls with 2 keys only.

All keyboard shortcuts are defined via MULAB -> Manage Shortcuts. If it's not possible there, it's not supported.
What exactly do you want to navigate? The racks? Does "Focus Previous Rack" and "Focus Next Rack" do what you want?

@mutools - I asked for this in my first post "stuff I can't find" - you didn't mention that you had it already ! - this also works to focus the corresponding track - and even works in the editor - excellent

I also found some good stuff in the editor that you didn't tell me about (re: another post)

I think you should more often refer people to the shortcut menu - and to look through all the available commands!

On that subject I note there's no insert tempo shortcut - why not?

@braserox - sorry to hijack your post!
Cheers

Mick

mickwest1 wrote:@mutools - I asked for this in my first post "stuff I can't find" - you didn't mention that you had it already ! - this also works to focus the corresponding track - and even works in the editor - excellent
The scroll up/down/left/right and zoom in/out shortcut functions were added after your post iirc.
I also found some good stuff in the editor that you didn't tell me about (re: another post)
I think you should more often refer people to the shortcut menu - and to look through all the available commands!
The docs start with saying that the docs are a basic guideline, that you should explore and discover things for yourself too, using these guidelines. Otherwise the docs would become too bloated, and i would have less time to R&D new versions.
See http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common ... -docs.html

mutools wrote: The scroll up/down/left/right and zoom in/out shortcut functions were added after your post iirc.
I was referring to the focus previous/next track function
The docs start with saying that the docs are a basic guideline, that you should explore and discover things for yourself too, using these guidelines. Otherwise the docs would become too bloated, and i would have less time to R&D new versions.
See http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common ... -docs.html
That's very true - but I was referring to specific nudge / midi editing functions - I later found your tips page that refers to useful editing facilities I wasn't aware of - ie: using +/- keys for time/note/velocity functions

I appreciate your comment though about spending time on documentation rather than the program - that's why I suggested mentioning the shortcut menu more often - there's a lot of info there that will answer a lot of questions
Cheers

Mick

"Focus Previous Rack" and "Focus Next Rack" is very close to what i wish do wish to do
I would call it "Focus Previous Module" and "Focus Next Module".

Or more versatile simply "Focus Previous " and "Focus Next ".

For me it means all elements Sourounded with orange border frame when i want focus on with mouse.

Something like Tabkey does in Windows (previous or next cell, button ,etc...)

"Focus Previous Rack" and "Focus Next Rack" is not very usefull, because it dont focus on "on/off toogle" and do not allow next shortcut (toogle on/off)

Note that there is a difference between the keyboard focus and the focused target module.

Keyboard focus: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/common/gui-info.html

Focused target module: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... panel.html

The "Focus Previous Rack" and "Focus Next Rack" are about focusing modules i.e. it's about playing them via MIDI.

I would really appreciate a more generalized approach for the keyboard navigation. "Tab" is good, especially for input forms like "timing functions". A general focus switch without mouse click would be helpful too.
Concrete issues:
1) When opening a sequence part I have no idea where the gui focus is. I have to (mouse) click into the sequence editor for setting the focus. Only after that I can use keyboard shortcuts for navigating (zoom/pan). Is there any solution?
EDIT: I use the sequence editor in docked mode!
2) Navigation up/down/left/right through the parts (incl. selection) in the composer editor by keyboard (shortcuts), then hit enter and the sequence editor opens with the selected part. Possible?
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

Reincke wrote:When opening a sequence part I have no idea where the gui focus is.
Tip: If you want you can set the "Draw GUI Focus Box" preference to 100, this will always show you where the GUI focus is.

Can't comment on your other keyboard related FRs now.

mutools wrote:Tip: If you want you can set the "Draw GUI Focus Box" preference to 100, this will always show you where the GUI focus is.
I do have this setting, but I can't see a gui focus box anywhere until I click into the editor. Do you have one more tip? Failing this would it make sense (FR) to set the gui focus to the note editor when opening the sequence editor in docked mode?
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

If there is no focus box, the focus is null.

I understand your FR but can't comment much more on it at this point, sorry. The keyboard shortcuts are a big help in speeding up many things, but please assume MuLab / MUX cannot be controlled pure with keyboard shortcuts, but relies on mouse/pointing input.

http://music.armuco.ch/lib/exe/fetch.ph ... bmidi1.jpg

I put image as link above if image not working.

"Automatic midi input focus" is set off

Its how i use these kind of structur for playing from midi masterkeyboard in life situation.

-Racks are used as backing tracks .
-Synth Modules with fx recieve data from midi chanel 1,2,.....
-Racks can recieve midi data from any unset midi chanel when focus is on rack and navigating with
"Focus Previous Rack" and "Focus Next Rack" (this is working)

Key navigation is needed to select fx and set on or off the fx's with just 1 shortkey

Additional : What i have not found yet is how to set multiple synth modules to same channel to create synth stacks.

Braserox wrote:What i have not found yet is how to set multiple synth modules to same channel to create synth stacks.
Using a MUX Modular you can stack (and sub-mix) as many synths as you want, and even create key ranges if needed.

another easy way is use a new rack - point it to the track and then add sends in the rack to other synth racks
Cheers

Mick

Return to “MUTOOLS”