about mulabs four band eq

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi i was just wondering if in the four band eq's Q if you would change it to go below 0.50 i was hopeing i could change to to 0.10 but it wont let me :pray:

Just quickly to point out the Q factors are built into the filter modules rather than being in the MuX preset.

However:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_factor wrote:A system with low quality factor (Q < ½) is said to be overdamped. Such a system doesn't oscillate at all, but when displaced from its equilibrium steady-state output it returns to it by exponential decay, approaching the steady state value asymptotically.
I have no idea what that means... ;)

runaudio wrote:hi i was just wondering if in the four band eq's Q if you would change it to go below 0.50 i was hopeing i could change to to 0.10 but it wont let me :pray:
Imho, a Q setting below 0.5 especially up 0.1 makes not much sense ...
A Q of 0.1 would cover nearly the complete frequence range and would not be much different than lowering/raising the overall volume of this signal...
EQ1.jpg

If you want to affect only the upper or lower range, the shelving filter with a Q of 0.5 do the same job...
EQ2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MUTOOLS”